Flicking files to another ipad

Discussion in 'iPad at Work' started by andytheswan, May 15, 2012.

1. andytheswan

andytheswan iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Does anybody know how if you can flick photos or a file to another iPad across the room?

2. Semel

Semel iPad Enthusiast

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +9 / 0
    There are some bluetooth apps than can do file transfers between i devices.Try bluetooth communicator 2

Last edited: May 15, 2012
  3. Mickey330

Mickey330 Administrator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,020 / 0
    I've tried a couple of apps that were supposedly able to let you do that process (I was trying to do it between an iPad and an iPhone). They never worked for me. In fact, they never worked so much that I've completely forgotten their names! :)

However, if you want to try it, I would recommend the app iFiles ($3.99, USD). As long as the other iPad is on the same WiFi network, you can wirelessly transfer photos or files to another iDevice. They both have to have the app installed and running in order to do it, but I've successfully sent photos, PDFs, .txt and .doc files back and forth between my phone and iPad, all with the press of a button. You could also send files to your computer...

This app does a LOT more than just that, so you'd be getting more than just transferring capabilities with your money. However, it's the best I've found for transferring anything between iDevices. Maybe it's worth giving it a look?

Marilyn

4. MicroLao

MicroLao iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    You can actually use any web browser of any wifi enabled device with iFile as well. I swap files back & forth between my iPad and my Blackberry.

5. idave23

idave23 iPad Enthusiast

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +10 / 0
    We've had some success with pics on an app called Bump. You literally just bump the devices together.

6. jawa6306

jawa6306 iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6 / 0
    I use dropbox... it syncs between my iphone, ipads and computers. I've gotten to the point where my dropbox is my entire documents folder because I hate having to boot up a different computer, iPad, etc. to find the file I need. Has saved me from corrupted thumb drives, computer failures, and lost memory sticks many a time. Files are pick and choose shareable too. Here's their info page http://db.tt/MjWA6Li0

7. rugger

rugger iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I have used iCloud in conjunction with drop box and am very impressed with the ability to edit files in drop box.

8. Sammy2do

Sammy2do iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    I have the same problem... Tried to transfer a file to my phone. It's a samsung make but I couldn't. Finally I mailed the document to myself and then opened in my mobile mail.

9. andytheswan

andytheswan iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I am a teacher and will have a class of kids with iPads. I am going to try and send them a worksheet over the same wifi - rather than photocopy it 27 times! They then can complete if and send it back to me. Thought it might be fun! Bump is a little clunky. Might try the app. Thanks.