What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Flickering screen

BBel

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I couldn't find any other thread with the same problem, so here it goes...

I have the first gen iPad and today it started going nuts when I go on youtube. Everytime I try to play a video the screen flickers and shows the Apple logo. Youtube doesn't crash, but it won't play the videos either - the time rolls, and it plays the sounds but the videos show as a plain black screen.
The flickering only happens when I press play.

Any suggestions or help are much appreciated :)

thedizzylizzy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
i too have this problem..but it only happens when i access one particular website that i would like to visit a lot. i hope to use this forum to find out about installing an alternative browser...which one... that i can use to access that site.

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Two points here...if the website you are trying to visit has Flash content, then the iPad cannot play it. There are third party browsers that try to 'workaround' this problem, but they're generally unsatisfactory. A better approach is to use a remote desktop program, such as Splashtop, and host the Flash content on your PC or Mac.

If the issue is stuttering, or black screen etc then a complete power down of the iPad fixes a whole range of unusual problems. So, press and hold the Power button until the slider control appears offering you the option to completely power down.

Another solution is to completely quit the offending app in the multi-task bar. Double-tap the Home button to open the multi-task bar, press and hold any icon in the bar until they all start to jiggle, then press the upper left hand corner of the app's icon you want to close. All this does is completely quit the app, it does not delete it.

Tim

Most reactions