What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

FlatPad Vs. IPad ?? Anyone??

rossi636

iPF Noob
Reaction score
OOOOUUUCCH...

My lady just bought me the IPad in June. I've always been a Android Dev Fan, but IPad enticed me enough. Now this damn FlatPad comes out!!!! I read the specs and they appear to be equal in many ways.

Does anyone have any info on a good comaprrison on both.
Looking for enforcement that I own the better device, otherwise my girl is going to be upset when I buy the FlatPad and have IPad collect dust.

y2kgtp

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm sure the 'flat pad' and every other name this china copy goes under will get sued by apple in good time....

OP
R

rossi636

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Well, I guess I cant really expect much info since I've only seen 1 video of it running. It does look like a possible fake.

Thanks for the reply.

anyone else with more info, please hook it up.

muyoso

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Wait a couple of months, then sell the iPad and pick up a new tablet with Android Gingerbread as the OS. The Flatpad tablet looks about equal with the iPad spec wise, but it will get absolutely blown out of the water in a couple months by the likes of the eeePad from Asus.

Last edited:

Jake18oly

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I was waiting for an Android tablet for the longest time and was really watching the Notion Ink Atom. When the development for it halted I started to get interested in iPad. I have been so impressed with it especially after jail breaking it. It definitely has it's limitations but everything out there will. I think the hardest thing for an android tablet is getting apps developed specifically for it. The ipad already has a lot of backing and I don't know that an android tablet will. I guess we will see when some compelling tablets start coming to market.

Ksane

iPF Noob
Reaction score
lol! So now for knock-offs we've got the FlatPad, the ePad, the aPad, the eeePad....any others?? I know they're all trying to play catch up and cash in while they can, but can't they even come up with their own names?? It just sounds too much like they're trying to copy the iPad. The head of their marketing companies are making a mistake IMO. I think they should take a different angle. Make up an original name and tell us why we need THEIR product. Heck, I'd call it StrokeMe or something, anything without the word 'pad'.

Hasty

iPF Novice
Reaction score
It's a sad fact of life that there's always something better on the horizon.
It will be a while before alternatives are available and fully reviewed, and I expect there will be no clear cut winner.
Just enjoy the iPad for what it is.

It could always suffer a catastrophic failure or accident in due course.........
After all upgrading is part of the normal computing cycle.

mossman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Apple has an amazing strategic advantage over other proposed tablets as it has been on market since April (over 4 months now) and continues to have tremendous buzz. Watching articles and announcements about completing products is kind of like having about twenty people try to squeeze through a door at the same time. With each manufacturer trying to get everyone's attention with 'the next bit thing since the iPad', it's going to be hard to unsettle Apple's position of dominance. And this is with Apple conceding the less than $500 price point.

We can expect competition to provide a nice array of products, some of which will indeed improve upon what Apple has provided. But it won't matter in terms of market share. We've seen this before, with MP3 players. Plenty of really good and innovative players have been released since the first iPod, but real market penetration of these products have been hard to come by, causing them to be niche products.

Only if somehow the competition narrows quickly to one or two main products, can the Apple iPad really be challenged. But is that likely? Certainly some of the products being proposed look better than others, but it's hard to see any really standing out enough to rise above the wave of tablets coming our way.

Being a first mover isn't always a formula for success, but in the right circumstances, it can be absolutely devastating for would-be competitors. Whether that is the case here or not, time will tell. But it sure feels like it.

iVan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Apple has an amazing strategic advantage over other proposed tablets as it has been on market since April (over 4 months now) and continues to have tremendous buzz.
We must not forget the infrastructure that allowed iPad to be so powerful from the start. The iTunes/iPhone/iPod structure with all the apps, music, movies, and books available. I wouldn't have bought the iPad without all the access to so much culture. To me content is more important than the device it is consumed on. Although a tablet does make using media much more appealing...

pallentx

iPF Novice
Reaction score
The "flatpad" may do what some people want. Not everyone wants the same thing. Believe it or not, the ipad has some areas where its lacking. If those things are really important to some people, they might be willing to give up the things the iPad does well to have them.

This is just the tip of iceberg, there will be many more slates to come. Some will be junk. Some will be good. I love the iPad so far, but it will be fun when there's more good choices out there.

They really irritate me when they blatantly try to make them look just like an iPad. That's just weak.

Last edited:

Wmacky1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Has anybody heard of the peepad?

I hear you can even use it while relieving urself standing up?

I think you may be running out of good material....... I suggest avoiding impulsive posts.

Last edited:

Most reactions