What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Flashing Calendar

iBozz

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Yesterday, I upgraded from Snow Leopard to Mavericks and enabled iCloud syncing, having previously sync'd via iTunes.

So far so good. Everything that should sync did sync - until this evening.

Now, the iMac's calendar looks as it should but the Calendar on the iPad (iOS7.0.3) now flashes the appointments on and off (i.e. now you see them now you don't) every couple of seconds.

I've powered down the iPad and rebooted but the symptom persists.

Is it iOS7.0.3, Mavericks, my iPad or my iMac?

Has anyone else experienced this and does anyone have any suggestions as to how to overcome it?

Thanks in advance.

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
First of all, check your settings and preferences. Look at time and date, they can cause problems with the calendar. (Although they should be right, now that the timeline is right as well.)

Open the Calendar app and force it to sync: at the bottom, tap "Calendars", then pull down the calendar/s that appear.
Force close the app, if syncing didn't help: four finger swipe upwards to reveal the multitask bar, then drag the thumbnail above the app icon towards the top of the screen.
In Settings - iCloud: turn off Calendar, choose to delete events (they exist on your iMac). Wait for a few minutes, then turn it on again.

Last edited:

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Make sure the Calendar syncing turned itself off in iTunes. It's important not to use both methods at the same time.

Other than that, Johanna's suggestions are the same I'd give. Good luck.

OP
iBozz

iBozz

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Apologies for the lateness of acknowledging your suggestions.

I've tried these but to no avail but I think I've now identified the "problem".

It only happens, or at least I only see it, immediately after adding/amending a new appointment so my inference is that it is when the calendars on the iPad and the iMac are in the actual process of syncing.

It may well happen more frequently than I actually see the effect, but I only rarely have both calendars open and in sight when I'm updating one of them.

Leaving the iPad alone for a short while seems to "cure" the flashing and, if it doesn't, closing Calendar and reopening it seems to settle it down.

So, I'm happier now - unless someone wishes to pour cold water on my theory! :rolleyes:

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Thanks for the update. I've never noticed flashing before, but delays before all devices and/or computers are updated is not uncommon. It all depends on network speeds, and how busy the servers are. If it works, then it works.

Most reactions

Latest posts