What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Flash

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Anyone know if Apple will ever allow a Flash player to be install in the iPad or a work around?

This is a frequently discussed topic here. Apple will never allow Flash on iPads - see

Thoughts on Flash

Having said that, there are many third-party browsers that 'sort of' allow Flash - by hosting on remote web sites. For some applications it's OK but not totally satisfactory.

You'll see many ..... many ...... discussions on this here.

Welcome...

Tim
Scotland

Sjwred

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Larryfgraver said:
Anyone know if Apple will ever allow a Flash player to be install in the iPad or a work around?

Some websites that use flash are know using HTML5 instead,one of my favourite sites has gone over as I could not see the opening header and info on that site ,I think that iPad ,iPad2 strength will end up with more sites using HTML5 as it's not as big or messy to run.

the_john

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Well dang. Guess that pretty much sums it up. Good read.

Sent from my iPad2 A1396 using iPF

Bubbles Only

iPF Noob
Reaction score
SkyFire partly solves your problem :) It displays most websites flashvideos perfectly

camman123

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I downloaded iswifter from app store (free.) Works on Hulu.
Slow to react to page down function and will "timeout" after a period of time if you don't use keyboard every so often during a video. It will show (most of the time) a drop down that you tap to continue. Still, it is acceptable for now for free. ;)
camman123

David79

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I also use iswifter, I had to buy it lol it does work, just has some lag issues.

Most reactions