What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Flash?

DrHouse

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.ws4dl.org
crittermom said:
Well gee! Thanks for the snarky response!

First of all,I am NEW to this forum,NEW to Ipads,and NEW to Apple products in general!

I came to this forum looking for information and help,obviously THIS is NOT that kind of place!

If you are going to have an information forum,you will encounter beginners asking beginner questions. If you are not able to politely answer these types of questions,perhaps you should ban ALL but the Apple Demi-Gods like yourself!

I will not trouble you further with my pathetic beginner questins!

I agree that can be a bit frustrating for a noob, but also, that question is being asked over and over again. Just doing a simple search on ipf for flash keyword will show 500 threads...

A lot of facebook games are available as native apps on the iPad/iPhone. So you should find whatever pleases you.

madhatter61

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Love the FacePalm! Ok. I already knew what the response would be, but I had to ask-- again! Seems to be a hot topic and very sensitive issue for all you Mac lovers. I do think Apple will feel the heat when more tablets come out that have that capability as JWT873 points out. But who knows, they are Apple after all....

Dare I ask if anyone on this forum recommends a good, affordable tablet? At this point I wouldn't recommend iPads for our company since we really need to have Flash for our jobs, as much as I am enjoying my Pad. I think the tablets will cleanup in the business sector....

The need nature of flash seems to be changing. Adobe just announce Wallaby ...a tool for converting Flash to html5 which iPad readily handles. Do you just need to read flash? are you generating ad, and animations in flash. Why Flash?

OP
JFrazier

JFrazier

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I just read about Wallaby, also. I work for a media company so we want to use the iPads to show videos and exotic advertising that are built in Flash. We are going to look into Wallaby. I love everything about the iPad, except the Flash issue.. but it is important to what we want to use the iPad for.

pastorsteve

iPF Noob
Reaction score
An answer to the OP's question is - every other windows-based netbook supports flash. Get an Acer One which is smaller and lighter than the iPad and it's a full netbook/computer with flash and probably every other feature your company would need. We use them for our travel and conference needs and they're super. Also I don't know if "mom" is new to just Apple or all forums in general but - as posted - prior to opening yourself up for fiery arrows it's always best to do a search prior to asking something that's been covered over and over.

The "Pad" is like everything else on the market - it will not suit all needs - ever. It's not a computer although some try to make it so. It doesn't have USB or flash and everyone who bought one knew that when they did. It's not a camera nor suited for that but Apple did add those and I suspect they will add a Thunderbolt connection with iPad 3 but since they want the USB gone, I doubt they'll add something that's already available via the adaptor.

Last edited:

Most reactions

Latest posts