What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Flash: Why so important to the Ipad?

Status
Not open for further replies.

iPadCharlie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Without flash, most ''Adult'' sites can't be viewed. I'm only telling the truth.:D
I was wondering why they call is Flash....

flasher.jpg

chisaki

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Without flash the iPad can only display part of the vast number of web sites. This makes it worthless as a web browser for me.

Tinman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Without flash the iPad can only display part of the vast number of web sites. This makes it worthless as a web browser for me.
That is a bit dramatic.

So tell us, what sites can't you be without that use Flash?

OH! I just remembered a little tip some of you might be able to use.

I was thinking how back in 2007 when I first got an iPhone that there seemed to be more Flash-required sites. But as the iPhone took off many of those sites developed iPhone friendly versions. One example that was often quoted back then was Pizza Hut--wouldn't work with Safari on iPhone. Well Pizza Hut of course now works just fine without Flash on an iPhone. But when I checked it on my iPad.... NO GO.

Knowing it works with iPhones I fired up Atomic Web browser on my iPad, told it to identify itself as "Mobile Safari - iPhone" and viola, Pizza Hut worked. Granted it is not as formatted for iPad as for iPhone but it is perfectly usable.

attachment.php

Michael

Attachments

• IMG_0017.JPG
    IMG_0017.JPG
    88.5 KB · Views: 295

muyoso

iPF Noob
Reaction score
That is a bit dramatic.

So tell us, what sites can't you be without that use Flash?

OH! I just remembered a little tip some of you might be able to use.

I was thinking how back in 2007 when I first got an iPhone that there seemed to be more Flash-required sites. But as the iPhone took off many of those sites developed iPhone friendly versions. One example that was often quoted back then was Pizza Hut--wouldn't work with Safari on iPhone. Well Pizza Hut of course now works just fine without Flash on an iPhone. But when I checked it on my iPad.... NO GO.

Knowing it works with iPhones I fired up Atomic Web browser on my iPad, told it to identify itself as "Mobile Safari - iPhone" and viola, Pizza Hut worked. Granted it is not as formatted for iPad as for iPhone but it is perfectly usable.

attachment.php

Michael

Yea, I don't see that as a solution. Visiting a mobile site is not the solution to not being able to view the full site on a TABLET. On a phone its mildly acceptable, but on a TABLET, it should be able to view ANYTHING a desktop browser can.

Hasty

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Originally Posted by chisaki

A trifle melodramatic.
For most of us flash is an irrelevance. I do most of my web browsing on my iPad using the basic safari and am perfectly content.
If it's something serious that must use flash, just email yourself the link and use you main machine. it won't kill you....

iPadCharlie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Originally Posted by chisaki

A trifle melodramatic.

melodramatic.jpg

"Please Mr. Jobs... please!!! I beg you kind sir! I must have my Flash or I will simply die!"

col.bris

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I am a heavy user of safari on the iPad I also have a MacBook with safari and other browsers. Flash. Is turn off on the Macbook. I also own a iPhone 3 gs same situation

I browse every day news and other stuff on some 25 sites, product reviews companies that I can order products from, I also access 3 banks transfer funds do my banking etc I also go to pay pal to send money and enjoy eBay. and non and I mean non require I need flash. This is old stuff if you need flash and you cannot do with out it and you have an ipad the move on buy something else that supports flash. Then what will happen oh this does not have the Apps i want or something else like battery life. It is about time that every one understands that. It has been a known fact since day one release that the iPad does not support flash yet months later we still have people coming in here and saying why not? It really makes me laugh that any one buying technology today does not read what it can do and what it cannot. This forum has many threads about this subject I suggest those whom do not understand search the forums and read the threads then maybe you will all understand.
Col.Bris Super moderator iPad forums and iphone4 forums
And to quote our above post which I feel sums it up.
"Please Mr. Jobs... please!!! I beg you kind sir! I must have my Flash or I will simply die!"

Last edited:

cmalinowski

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I haven't missed flash much. Every now and then for a video that I want to see or some site, but mostly has been a non-issue (knock on wood). That said, I don't really like browsing the web on the iPad in general. It seems clunkier to me than on a regular pc/laptop. But, I don't mind so much. I don't surf as much on the ipad as much as I thought I would. And what I do surf seems okay so far.

Tinman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
90 percent of the sites I visit have some version of the flash technology? However, the ipad can't play flash, so some content we can't see on the site.
90%, eh? More proof that 98.37% of internet stats are made up, on the spot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

Latest posts