What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Flash: Why so important to the Ipad?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jerliz

iPF Noob
Reaction score
All the reviews I read from current owners decry the absence of Flash on the I-pads now being sold. As a non-owner, can someone tell a noob why this is so important. Every thing I read about the new release in November says nothing about it being included with the 11/10 model.
Anyone have the 'skinny' on this?

Jerry (male counterpart of jerliz)

DewWorm

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The only inconvenience I have experienced in the week I have had my wonderful iPad is that I cannot play Farkle on it because of no Flash support - not really a big deal. You Tube videos play just fine though.

iPadCharlie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
And on a somewhat serious note... American Express also uses Flash on their website. Its no big deal since I pay my bills online with my "real" computer!

Mike_73

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I came across some site requiring flash, too. But still, I didn't care. It was just some random site I checked out and if I had wanted to view its content, I could have checked on my Laptop. But it wasn't important to me.
The only thing I found dumb were the people putting that webpage up, ignoring that there are devices not showing flash content.
The kindle can be used to browse the web, too. Does it support flash? Ooops, it doesn't even show color (like my dedicated ebook readers from Sony). But for that I have my iPad.

There's a gadget for that...

iPad is great for what it is. All other things I can do on my laptop or workstation at the office (in a position not as nearly as comfortable as sitting on my sofa, bistro, balcony, ...)
:) :) :)

joephoto

iPF Noob
Reaction score
There are a few sites I hit that use Flash and I'm having to skip them over when using my iPad. This makes me :(. I understand why Apple want to avoid it, but the bottom line is I'd like to have the choice to use Flash with my iPad if I want to. I'd like to be able to view the interweb as it is now, not how it may be in a few years.

OP
J

jerliz

iPF Noob
Reaction score
That's where I pay mine. And the adult sites are no problem either. Thanks for the help.
Jer

Hasty

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Funny, I haven't thought about flash for ages and today sees this thread and reports of a zero day vulnerability in the latest version (PCWorld & Macworld).
Find I'm totally indifferent to it's success/demise........

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions