What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Flash Programs

buffcar1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
So does Flash player work in IPAD 2 or is there a app that will open flash programs:ipad-front:

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Good to hear from you. You’ll find a whole bunch of iPad enthusiasts in this Forum who are only too willing to help other iPad owners and to hear of their experiences. Don’t be afraid to post any questions you may have or use the ‘Search’ button near the top of the Forum web page. I usually find I discover one new interesting and useful piece of information about my iPad every day - and often not even what I was looking for!!

There is no support for Flash in the iPad2. There are some third party browser apps that provide partial support by rendering Flash on their web server, but it's only a partial solution and doesn't work well for movies in general.

Hope to hear from you soon with your thoughts about the iPad.

Have fun and enjoy your iPad

If you don’t already have it you can download a copy of the iPad manual for free.

Apple - Support - Manuals

It’s free too.

Tim
Scotland

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
There will never be support for Flash on the iPad from Apple.

You can read their official position here (thanks to iPad Forum poster, twerppoet for this link)

Thoughts on Flash

Tim
Scotland

col.bris

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Welcome to our forums regarding Afobe flash it is no different from the original ipad on other-words not supported.
However there are a few Apps are available that may help you.

Hasty

iPF Novice
Reaction score
There are several iPad browsers that will display flash videos with varying degrees of success, Skyfire, Puffin and iBitfire.
Flash games won't work though.

<Hasty rushes off to grab another can of petrol....>

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hasty said:
There are several iPad browsers that will display flash videos with varying degrees of success, Skyfire, Puffin and iBitfire.

When you go into iSwifter it gives you two options, browser or games.....I've only used the browser as a test (I don't miss flash at all). I don't know what happens if you click on the games option but just a thought......ahem, I'll get me coat!

The Archangel

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
That's a great link - many thanks. Perhaps 'help' is finally on the way.....

Tim
Scotland

netsecpro

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hasty said:

When you go into iSwifter it gives you two options, browser or games.....I've only used the browser as a test (I don't miss flash at all). I don't know what happens if you click on the games option but just a thought......ahem, I'll get me coat!

The Archangel

I have been able to play any Facebook game using the iSwifter browser. Just choose the Browse Websites option, log into Facebook, and you'll be set!

Lifet1me

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Im watching this thread for a while, and now since its silent and i got nothing to do but waiting for friday im gonna post my opinion.

First of all, i got a neutral look on flash, before the iOS cam up big time flash was also there, thats a reason why adobe has all right to be angry on apple ignoring flash.

From my little netbook (1,6 ghz intel atom, graphic onboard) i can say that its true that a flash application pulls down the performance alot. Making the experience before and after installation of the adobe flash player and browsing stuff.

So, i had the IPad 1 and there really really rare moments where i woulve missed flash, they exist but they were rare, to get this to the point, there a few websites which were just made out of flash, which is quite difficult to browse if you got no flash at all.
In fact that was one site ever in 9 Months of browsing.

Now, lets look what exactly flash brings you when browsing the web.
And heres the big bad truth about it, the most flash applications are commercial banners of fake win mini games where you are (and everyone else too) always the 999.999 customer and uve won a price. (yeah yeah, blah)

On FEW Sites are small movies/trailers/commercials(<-lol) ONLY running with flash, but thats an old option since there multiple ways to play those trailers and movies (and commercials if you really want to). Apple takes the way the movie is linked from youtube which opens once u hit that small blue cube where the flash applicaion would start.

Dont get me wrong, its great to have small movies or trailers (NOT commercials) inside a Webpage you just opend, but its not really necessary, i really never missed flash with the ipad, except for the sites made all by flash of course, which were few.

I dont say "yes, apple and stevie, ur right !"
I just say "Its ok to not having it, but the browsing is smooth and the battery lasts longer".

So much from me to this.

Last edited:

Most reactions

Latest posts