What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Flash Player

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
No they won't. Ever. And we have lots and lots and lots and lots and lots of threads on this subject if you want to read all the reasons why and folks opinions on the subject.
Please use the search tools! :)

JohnnyApple

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Does anyone know if/when apple will start using flash. It's the one thing that does not make it a computer.

I used to think Flash was a big added benefit, but after experiencing flash on Android and realizing that Flash causes my CPU on my mac (and thusly, fans) to go crazy, kills the battery life on my laptop -- I think we are better off without it. I'd be happy in a world of HTML5 instead of Flash, personally.

PDB

iPF Noob
Reaction score
In the meantime we have a sub-par web browsing experience...hope Jobs' crusade succeeds...and the sooner the better. Mind you, less than 1% web browsing market share of IOS isn't exactly enticing for webmasters (or whoever is responsible...) to "migrate", especially in a worldwide depression where cost savings (as opposed to investing in more resources to accomodate to Mr. Jobs' crusade) are paramount. Android is looking more appealing by the minute.
I'm going to try the galaxy tab 10 incher the moment I can. If flash works and I can actually manage my files in a normal work environment I will be an ex- Ipad user. And I've had it for over a month now. Love some apps; hate Apple's philosophy of deciding how I must organise my life.

thewitt

iPF Novice
Reaction score
If Flash is a show stopper by all means switch to Android, where browsing Flash sites will drain your battery in 2 hours, and where you get their Mobile Flash, 60% compatible version...

Adobe are a long way away from anything other than a half baked hack on mobile devices with Flash.

It's a huge disappointment to me.

-t

Torria

iPF Noob
Reaction score
PDB said:
In the meantime we have a sub-par web browsing experience...hope Jobs' crusade succeeds...and the sooner the better. Mind you, less than 1% web browsing market share of IOS isn't exactly enticing for webmasters (or whoever is responsible...) to "migrate", especially in a worldwide depression where cost savings (as opposed to investing in more resources to accomodate to Mr. Jobs' crusade) are paramount. Android is looking more appealing by the minute.
I'm going to try the galaxy tab 10 incher the moment I can. If flash works and I can actually manage my files in a normal work environment I will be an ex- Ipad user. And I've had it for over a month now. Love some apps; hate Apple's philosophy of deciding how I must organise my life.

Do what you gotta do!!!!

USBill

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Or go with a Playbook. Flash works GREAT on the Playbook.

antonio107

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Or go with a Playbook. Flash works GREAT on the Playbook.

No it doesn't. I tried it, and I was really really looking forward to it. It runs about the same as it does on a cloud browser for my iPad.

The iPad or other tablets simply aren't powerful enough to use heavy plug-ins like Silverlight or Flash. They're stripped down computers.

I understand that people blindly affectionate towards their iPads are sick of people trodding out the flash card, but saying that Flash is bad as a result of the tablet experience is like saying a trailer hitch is stupid, because you can't haul a motorboat with a bicycle. Are you honestly saying that IF, come iPad 4 or 5, they manage to more smoothly integrate backwards compatibility with Flash and Silverlight and Java, that it wouldn't be a good thing? I'd love it; I just haven't seen it yet.

DM51

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Gkreator.... If you are incapable of expressing yourself in any way other than in unnecessarily abusive and expletive-strewn language, you'll find this forum is not for you. To put it mildly, that was not a promising first post.

Please try to exercise some restraint, or you'll be gone.

Rudinater

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am a PC person and have been from the beginning. That said, I have hated flash on web sites from the beginning.

Last edited:

Most reactions

Latest posts