What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Flash player

OUTL4W

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Motorbones said:
As a side note. I use the weather channel a lot and it requires Flash to operate the interactive radar maps. I like the 10 (rarely accurate) forcasts so now I need to shop for a suitable replacement for the iPad.

Look for weather channel in app store....TWC+ for ipad I think. Alot of people judge too quickly when it comes to flash for iOS...but there always could be corresponding apps to what they need. They just need to ask first.....;)

alaawi

iPF Noob
Reaction score
apple must make it with the next genration , Ipad3'll support falsh player for sure this's for commercial purpose

SweetPoison

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You two, come on. There are a lot of new members that just got there iPads, and there will be more and more too ~ which means there will always be flash threads once they figure it the ipad does not support it.

Always.

Thank you. Sometimes it's a pain in the anatomy to find exactly what you're looking for using the search function. I've had my iPad just a short time now and am still trying to get used to it. I think it's called a learning curve....

As a side note. I use the weather channel a lot and it requires Flash to operate the interactive radar maps. I like the 10 (rarely accurate) forcasts so now I need to shop for a suitable replacement for the iPad.

You are most welcome! Fair Oaks? You are in Fair Oaks? You do realize you are like 7 min from me?

How cool is that I ask you!:)

jnewell

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The PBS app is another example of this. This was the phenomenon I noted as #2 in my earlier post. I was a skeptic, but I have become persuaded that it's not an issue.

Motorbones said:

Look for weather channel in app store....TWC+ for ipad I think. Alot of people judge too quickly when it comes to flash for iOS...but there always could be corresponding apps to what they need. They just need to ask first.....;)

Motorbones

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I did get the Weather Channel app and it looks pretty good. I just spent 8 days on the road on the Harley with my wife to So. Cal. and the iPad was really compact and easy to carry on the bike. Only 1 hotel wanted a fee for internet hook up (Monterey).
Yup, I'm in Fair Oaks. Work at UCDMC (top floor of Davis Wing) and volunteer with Metro Fire CERT. Part of why I got the iPad was for use with both situations.
I read the article about Apple's take on Flash. Too bad it just can't make nice and let people use it. Just the basic concept of restricting the use is pretty small on their part.

ian russell

iPF Noob
Reaction score
jmorton10 said:
SplashTop is really an awesome app.

I originally installed it to reliably play flash(something NONE of the 3rd party browswers really do) but I have been finding TONS of other uses also.

SplashTop actually lets you do things like run Photoshop CS from your PC which is just as cool as playing flash content.

You can grab those stashed away files and drop them in Dropbox.

The difference between Splashtop and Teamviewer, I noticed, is Splashtop iPadifies the pc screen whereas with Teamviewer you're seeing the pc screen as it is. A minor point, and one which could be altered in settings - I didn't go there - but it made it easier to use, eg you didn't have to try to use a mouse which wasn't there.

Seadog

iPF Noob
Reaction score
A report today stated that 80% of all mobile video was watched on iOS units. 30% iPhone, 30% iPod Touch and 20% on an iPad. It can be seen as a tribute to the iPad about how fast it is growing in popularity. Another article, or actually Op-Ed piece was about a pundit that was asked about a tablet to play Flash games on. His test results were that even tho Android systems claimed to support Flash, the end result was such poor performance that he recommended a netbook instead.

Many experts have taken to applauding Apple for dropping Flash so that the majority of sites that used it a year ago, have moved to other and better options. It can be annoying to find outfits that do not support HTML5 and still uses Flash, but it would probably be better served to complain to them about their using it, then to think to change Apple's determination to not support Flash.

Most reactions

Latest posts