What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Flash Player App?

Smokeyfiremedic

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The company I work for insisted I start using aniPad, so theybought me an iPad 2. I have the .docx and .xlsx issues fixed with docs to go. Now, our training clips (safety stuff) does not play because apple does not support Flash. Is there an app that I can use to play the clips? :confused:

Thanks in advance again!

Smokey

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
As you know the iPad does not support Flash - period. However, if your training clips are web-based, it might be possible to use a third-party browser - such as iSwifter - that gets around this problem by hosting Flash on their server.

Another possible solution is to use a remote desktop tool and use the iPad to access a PC or Mac in your office and run the Flash training clips there. There are several remote desktop apps available for the iPad - some are free and will only work on a local network, others will allow you to access your PC from anywhere on the Internet. I use GoToMyPC. The app is free, but you have to pay for the service. I use it to access my PC when I'm away from the office. It's really easy to set up and has proved very reliable.

Tim
Scotland

goldenhoops

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have tried various browsers, including Mercury, Skyfire, Puffin, and iSwifter. Personally, I think iSwifter wins hands-down. It offered the best playback of flash videos with minimal to zero gap between the audio and video. I can't stand it when the audio doesn't match the video, or the video is so choppy and jumpy that you can't watch it. One of my bigger pet-peeves.

Sent from my iPad using iPF

goldenhoops

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Walker said:
Im going to give iSwifter a go cheers.

Walker, let me know what you think after you give iSwifter a try.

bdegrande

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have tried various browsers, including Mercury, Skyfire, Puffin, and iSwifter. Personally, I think iSwifter wins hands-down. It offered the best playback of flash videos with minimal to zero gap between the audio and video. I can't stand it when the audio doesn't match the video, or the video is so choppy and jumpy that you can't watch it. One of my bigger pet-peeves.

I agree, and iSwifter also lets you play some interactive Flash games (I use BridgeBase Online) which Skyfire wouldn't work with.

Most reactions

Latest posts