What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Flash For Ipad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
What's the best flash alternative for Ipads?

HELP ME

Clickasite :confused:

There are several third-party browsers that 'sort of' support Flash, by hosting the content on their company server and streaming it to the iPad. Have a look at iSwifter and Puffin. iSwifter has a free 'lite' version (limited viewing time) so you can try it to see if it meets your needs.

Tim

OUTL4W

iPF Novice
Reaction score
clickasite said:
What's the best flash alternative for Ipads?

HELP ME

Clickasite :confused:

Sorry to sound like an a~hole but there is a search button above...there a few alternatives to flash....but all very clunky...depending on which site you are trying to view....perhaps they have a corresponding app...

Last edited:

mac

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The advantage of each browser varies by the type of Flash content you want to view.

I found that Puffin worked best for my own online digital magazine site. It isn't perfect, but it works.

It's the scrolling that's the main problem with these Flash enabled browsers. Hopefully they'll improve this sooner rather than later.

Last edited:

ian russell

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Puffin works okay for simple sites where you have some control over content, like, say, a single embedded video in a blog posting which you can set in the middle of the screen before pressing play.

Anything more complicated and it's a jerky ride...

I saw something about remote controlling your pc from the iPad with an app, so the iPad sees what the pc screen shows while you control the pc remotely from the comfort of your armchair. I don't know exactly how this works, whether it gets over the shaky streaming problem or not. I'm sure there's someone on here who'll answer that for us. :)

OUTL4W

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Ah - but Outl4w has editted that out now!! But we moderators see everything! :D

Tim

Oooooooopsey......;)
But seriously this is like the 30th thread this week and the 5th so far TODAY....

I saw something about remote controlling your pc from the iPad with an app, so the iPad sees what the pc screen shows while you control the pc remotely from the comfort of your armchair. I don't know exactly how this works, whether it gets over the shaky streaming problem or not. I'm sure there's someone on here who'll answer that for us. :)

Splashtop for iPad....or teamviewer that provides remote control of your Windows PC using your iPad. You then can watch flash....

To OP:
a6f31929.png

There should be a disclaimer at top of forum....

B.I.G

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Whilst this thread is active, why. Doesn't iPad have flash? Is there any good reason to it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

Latest posts