What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Flagged emails

Urbanlive

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I accidentally flagged all my emails( have no idea how..lol) how to I un-flag? I have over 4,000 emails to unflag.
Thanks

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I accidentally flagged all my emails( have no idea how..lol) how to I un-flag? I have over 4,000 emails to unflag.
Thanks

In the Mail app, tap the "Edit" button at the upper top right. Once you tap it, you'll see "Mark All" button appear at the bottom left. Tap that button.

A pop-up should appear with the option "Unflag" listed. Tap that and all your e-mails should be unflagged.

Hopefully, that'll do it. If so, yay! If not, holler back and we'll take another shot at it.

Marilyn

OP
U

Urbanlive

iPF Noob
Reaction score
In the Mail app, tap the "Edit" button at the upper top right. Once you tap it, you'll see "Mark All" button appear at the bottom left. Tap that button.

A pop-up should appear with the option "Unflag" listed. Tap that and all your e-mails should be unflagged.

Hopefully, that'll do it. If so, yay! If not, holler back and we'll take another shot at it.

Marilyn
Thank

Olivia's Papa

iPF Noob
Reaction score

Marilyn

When I do that the only pop-up choices are "Flag" and "Mark as Read", no "Unflag". My iPad uses iOS 9.1. Please help or I'll be spending the rest of my days unflagging emails one by one.

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
When I do that the only pop-up choices are "Flag" and "Mark as Read", no "Unflag". My iPad uses iOS 9.1. Please help or I'll be spending the rest of my days unflagging emails one by one.
From the two choices, select "Flag". All of the emails will be flagged. Now follow the procedure once more. This time, you should get the option to unflag, instead of flag.

donna talipsky

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Don't do it! I just followed her instructions and now have over 10,000 emails in my flagged box. There is no way to unflag without unflagging each flag individually! I am so frustrated with Apple right now.

donna talipsky

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Don't do it! I just followed her instructions and now have over 10,000 emails in my flagged box. There is no way to unflag without unflagging each flag individually! I am so frustrated with Apple right now.
Many apologies.....maybe it's the shear numbers, but I finally did t in batches....leaving the mailbox each time and going back in.......thank you so much? Give me Outlook any day!

Most reactions

Latest posts