What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Five days with the iPad

Lifet1me

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Pictures and videos are in the same folder below the DCIM root. The iPad sees the pictures, not the videos.

U gotta check the video format ur phone uses, for normal mobile devices chose mp4, maybe its another one.

OP
H

hoshnasi

iPF Noob
Reaction score

Lifet1me

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Pictures and videos are in the same folder below the DCIM root. The iPad sees the pictures, not the videos.

U gotta check the video format ur phone uses, for normal mobile devices chose mp4, maybe its another one.

I appreciate you trying to help and its been covered in detail on another post in the forum.

Well this "other post in the forum" i dont follow, its abut an app i dont know, i never had the chance to get my fingers on imovie so i got nothing to tell there.

Its good if you find answers there, i just bet that the most people having problems with the video thing is cause they dont take the right formats and stuff.

Had much to learn myself, still took me days before i realized that my pc wont convert mp4s over 2gb, well it does, but they cannot be played, not by pc, neither by ipad.
Thas why i had chosen a converter which had a special IPad-Convert option, not for the 2gb thing, but i just wanted the highest compatibility there is, since the IPad does accept only few codecs

emm

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hey -- I enjoyed learning about the voice recording function on Garage Band. Thanks for the demo. We need to be nice here.

Demandarin

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Wow! I was gonna say I actually enjoyed the video. Very funny also, might I add. As I am very far from an iPad noob, check my iPad master status..lol, I can tell the other people who "tried" to criticize your efforts are actually noobs themselves ;-). This video had a lot of valid points as new users might not realize those things stated. Plus some people like see in the stuff in action rather than reading about it. Some comprehend better with visual input. Keep doing your thing, OP. I especially liked the audio part as I now want to try my USB mics and see how well they work. Good reference to the Reel Director app ;-).
People, if you found the video states stuff you already know, no reason to be a d$&@$head about it, as that is exactly how you came off. What you initially stated was not " Constructive" criticism. Instead you tried to sound like a know-it-all and downed the op on his efforts. All you are doing is making yourself sound lame as a Mofo. Seriously!
On another note, I kept laughing when the op phone kept going off during the vid..lmao I liked the vid. If people want to criticize then make a better vid themselves or keep it moving. This forum is about sharing info not trying to sound like the nerd who "thinks" they know it all...just saying damn, I was surprised to read those comments after watching the vid..I was like here we go with the Hater's again..lol

JasonFJ40

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Demandarin said:
Wow! I was gonna say I actually enjoyed the video. Very funny also, might I add. As I am very far from an iPad noob, check my iPad master status..lol, I can tell the other people who "tried" to criticize your efforts are actually noobs themselves ;-). This video had a lot of valid points as new users might not realize those things stated. Plus some people like see in the stuff in action rather than reading about it. Some comprehend better with visual input. Keep doing your thing, OP. I especially liked the audio part as I now want to try my USB mics and see how well they work. Good reference to the Reel Director app ;-).
People, if you found the video states stuff you already know, no reason to be a d$&@$head about it, as that is exactly how you came off. What you initially stated was not " Constructive" criticism. Instead you tried to sound like a know-it-all and downed the op on his efforts. All you are doing is making yourself sound lame as a Mofo. Seriously!
On another note, I kept laughing when the op phone kept going off during the vid..lmao I liked the vid. If people want to criticize then make a better vid themselves or keep it moving. This forum is about sharing info not trying to sound like the nerd who "thinks" they know it all...just saying damn, I was surprised to read those comments after watching the vid..I was like here we go with the Hater's again..lol

Agreed! Well said.

Demandarin

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Demandarin said:

Agreed! Well said.

WINNING! As Charlie Sheen would put it.

the_john

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Only thing I saw wrong was the fact that all through the video, the OP kept saying "I figured". From this viewpoint, it looks like he just threw money at the problem hoping something would give him what he wanted (buying the camera connection kit) instead of fully researching what the iPad can and can't do.
I joined this forum in January and have spent countless hours reading threads and researching. I'm not about to just go out and buy a camera kit hoping it'll do something. That's why I research beforehand.

Sent from my iPad2 A1396 using iPF

OP
H

hoshnasi

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Only thing I saw wrong was the fact that all through the video, the OP kept saying "I figured". From this viewpoint, it looks like he just threw money at the problem hoping something would give him what he wanted (buying the camera connection kit) instead of fully researching what the iPad can and can't do.
I joined this forum in January and have spent countless hours reading threads and researching. I'm not about to just go out and buy a camera kit hoping it'll do something. That's why I research beforehand.

Sent from my iPad2 A1396 using iPF

I throw money at a lot of things. :)

For the camera kit I knew that it worked with point and shoot cameras (that I do own), and it works with microphones. What I didn't know and Google was of no help was if my Playsport or myTouch 4g would how I wanted.

Honestly though, if it's under $50.00 I don't have a big problem just going for it.

Most reactions

Latest posts