What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

First Norway, now Korea

Seadog

iPF Noob
Reaction score
South Korea’s culture minister, Yu In-chon, strode into a government briefing room Monday for what seemed to be a routine photo-op as his ministry announced a $50 million program to help develop the country’s budding electronic-books industry.

But trouble came when Mr. Yu pulled out an Apple iPad, held it up and remarked about how nicely it displays electronic books. The problem is, South Korea’s communications regulators haven’t approved the device for wireless networking in the country.
Tech-industry bloggers pounced on Mr. Yu, criticizing him for using a device that isn’t even available in South Korea yet.

Two down, 200 to go.

BTW, I hate Bing

IpadOne

iPF Noob
Reaction score
South Korea’s culture minister, Yu In-chon, strode into a government briefing room Monday for what seemed to be a routine photo-op as his ministry announced a $50 million program to help develop the country’s budding electronic-books industry.

But trouble came when Mr. Yu pulled out an Apple iPad, held it up and remarked about how nicely it displays electronic books. The problem is, South Korea’s communications regulators haven’t approved the device for wireless networking in the country.
Tech-industry bloggers pounced on Mr. Yu, criticizing him for using a device that isn’t even available in South Korea yet.

Two down, 200 to go.

BTW, I hate Bing

Now we just to see miss Obama, and the Dalai Lama with an iPad

kheldour

iPF Noob
Reaction score

Two down, 200 to go.

BTW, I hate Bing

lol.....nice.....we get them all

OP
Seadog

Seadog

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It is posted in the pending news. I don't like having to go to links for every little news item, so I feel many people also prefer just a summary of the facts.

gentlefury

iPF Noob
Reaction score

Two down, 200 to go.

BTW, I hate Bing

What does bing have to do with anything?

OP
Seadog

Seadog

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The story was imbeded with words that had no relevance to the story that if you passed over them, popped up a link. I hate that and when I copied the text, all those nonsense links had to be manually purged.

Isaac Newton

iPF Noob
Reaction score
How's that for advertising...a nice big nanny nanny boo boo to an entire country. You'd a thought there would be more of an uproar since the iPad can't be gotten in that country...yet.

Most reactions

Latest posts