What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

First it was a massive flood in Brisbane then........Yasi a Catagorie 5 Cyclone hit.

col.bris

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
This last month in queensland Australia has been amazing first a massive flood with over 30,000 homes and businesses going under but then the mother of all cyclones hit northern Queensland spreading destruction for thousands of miles. The following gives you some idea of the fury and devastation when a catagory 5 cyclone hits with over 200 mph winds. The first pict is an overlay on the map of USA to give you an idea how big it was.... Oh well another day in paradise

f2b5b62f.png
[/IMG]

3621bb31.png

1559f998.png

0f187758.png

So devastating it is hard to believe there was no loss of life.

However in saying that so many people have lost every thing including their businesses and many may never recover. Picts copied from courier mail Qld Australia

Last edited:

SweetPoison

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Oh my goodness, Colin! Thank God you are okay, babe! I remember hearing about this on the news, I think.

I have been in more earthquakes then I care to remember and one hurricane from hell, when we lived in Okinawa. Mother Nature should be ashamed.

Prayers to all of you!!

iPadCharlie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ouch! Glad you made it through unscathed.

We are still recovering from the worst winter storm since 1982 here in the middle of the US. Funny thing is that they are blaming that on global warming! Go figure!

Jeeper

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Wow...Wow...
Those pics. Say it, and show it, better than anything CNN did.
Thanks. I hope everyone gets the help they need!

Hasty

iPF Novice
Reaction score
You guys are having a run of tough times with bushfires, flooding and cylones.
Glad to hear you are ok, but the destruction will take a long time to repair.

Digikid

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Good to know that you are okay.

Houses, Processions....none of those are important as long as life is spared.

Lavenderlady*w*iPad

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I was thinking about you when I saw the weather news. Glad to hear you are OK! Those are great photos!

Sent from my 16G wifi iPad using iPF

henry2

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Keep your head down and payers for the family and the people there to be safe through out this time of great troubles for the people of Australia with the weather patterns that we are haveing now ..

I have been through a couple of bad storms liveing down on the gulf of Mexico here and there but brother that a bad one .

tzimisce

iPF Noob
Reaction score
We've set up an IT relief group in our office (Sydney-based) to collect unused (but working) hardware from people, refurbish and clean them up, then coordinating with QLD IT Flood Program to have them distributed to those who need them.

Queensland IT Flood Relief Programme

FunN4Lo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I feel for you. I am a few miles from New Orleans. I saw things I could have never imagined and hope to never see again. 5 years later and some areas are back to "normal" and some areas look like the day after it happened. may be a long road to full recovery

Most reactions

Latest posts