First iPad "HD" games already in iTunes preview...

Discussion in 'iPad General Discussions' started by brobar, Mar 25, 2010.

1. brobar

brobar iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    LINK

Ammoin HD
    Azkend HD
    Flight Control HD
    Grind HD
    HD Recovery
    Labyrinth 2 HD
    NBA Hotshot HD
    NBA Spin
    Numba HD
    Plants vs. Zombies HD
    Sinterra HD
    Sparkle HD
    Worms HD
    Zen Bound 2

I already have Plants vs Zombies on the iPhone and I love that game... but having to buy it all over again just for a resolution bump? Ugh... I guess I better get used to that.
  2. gentlefury

gentlefury iPad Guru

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +7 / 0
    Who said you would have to buy it again....or for full price...nothing has been announced...you may get the upgrade free or minus what you've already paid.
  3. brobar

brobar iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    If there is a way for them to logistically handle that. I haven't seen anything in the SDK that would make me believe there is the ability to handle that. I can't imagine people not charging more for iPad ports of certain apps, especially if it is a totally different interface that takes advantage of the new screen real estate. But it will take me a little while to swallow the pill of having to repay for some apps IF the only thing different is a resolution bump. No bigs... it is what I expected... just something I'll have to get used to.
  4. gentlefury

gentlefury iPad Guru

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +7 / 0
    I think there will be a lot more than just res bump...interface enhancements and better graphics/textures/animation should make it worth paying a couple bucks again. I really don't want to have to play $30 again for Slingplayer tho when they make a more advanced version.
  5. wot_fan

wot_fan iPad Enthusiast

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5 / 0
    Some developers are going to turn their current iPhone paid apps into universal apps. By doing this, those that already own the iPhone version automatically get the iPad version for free. I wouldn't be surprised if some developers use the in app purchase feature to let existing users buy the iPad version for a discount.

The developer of Instapaper is planning on using the method I described. Link