What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

First impressions using iPad2

Gabor Remetey

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My few-day old iPad2 wifi+3G 16GB helps a lot to be connected even in mobile environment. :) This gadget is excellent but learning by doing and reading of iPadforums are inevitable.
I use it also to refresh my blogs driven by Blogger and polish my docs and presentations while traveling. There are some Limitations I found so far: eg. embedded Picasa album slideshow doesn't work in blog. Blog text compilation is not supported only in html mode. :(
I have to learn the
-file synchronisation with my MacBookPro
-saving and opening files using iDisk

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Good to hear from you. You’ll find a whole bunch of iPad enthusiasts in this Forum who are only too willing to help other iPad owners and to hear of their experiences. Don’t be afraid to post any questions you may have or use the ‘Search’ button near the top of the Forum web page. I usually find I discover one new interesting and useful piece of information about my iPad every day - and often not even what I was looking for!!

Once you've got the MobileMe software installed on your MacBook and the iDisk software on your iPad, you'll find it easy to transfer files to and from the iPad. You might also want to consider GoodReader.

There is a program that most all iPad users have called GoodReader. It's the 'Swiss Army Knife' for the iPad and it can store files all together and in folders - or however you want them - and can transfer files to and from your PC using either WiFi or USB without the need for iTunes. It's built in web-browser can download files too, something that Safari doesn't offer - except for PDF format. From within GoodReader you can open those files in any app that supports that type of file. Having said that, though, when a compatible app does open that file it makes a local copy that it works on, so the original copy in GoodReader is left untouched. If you want to store the modified file in GoodReader you have to transfer it back there by some means.

GoodReader can also attach several files to an email and then send them using the iPad's native Mail app - something you can't do from within Mail itself. It also gives you the opportunity to annotate PDF files and save the resulting file so that it can be read on a PC or Mac.

Hope to hear from you soon with your thoughts about the iPad.

Have fun and enjoy your iPad

If you don’t already have it you can download a copy of the iPad manual for free.

Apple - Support - Manuals

Please read the rules too!!

http://www.ipadforums.net/forum-rules-help-info/2119-forum-rules-everybody-please-read.html

Tim
Scotland

NumbLock

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Welcome! I have some tips in my sig until Apple works out how to deal better with files in iOS.

Most reactions

Latest posts