What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

First gen Ipad

Chevychris13

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Using first gen Ipad. Something keeps kicking me off the internet. Not my internet, partner using a lap top concurrently with no problems. Any ideas?

Fid

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Chevychris13 said:
Using first gen Ipad. Something keeps kicking me off the internet. Not my internet, partner using a lap top concurrently with no problems. Any ideas?

Watch what happens to the wifi signal strength indicator at the to left of the screen. Does it lose bars when you lose connection?
Is it possible to hard code a static IP address into the settings on your iPad for that location? I never lose a connection when using my iPad 1 for the places I normally connect with. At home I have it set as a static address. At my daughter's house I get one dynamically assigned.

Most reactions