What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Firefox for Android

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Firefox Home in the App Store is only a way to make your desktop bookmarks and history available to the iPhone. It's not the browser.

Unlike Safari and the other third party browsers on the iPad, Firefox is not based on WebKit. This would make porting it to iOS difficult. You'd basically end up writing a whole new browser, or depending on the Safari engine (also WebKit) like most third party browses do.

It would be FireFox in name only.

Bob Maxey

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Firefox Home in the App Store is only a way to make your desktop bookmarks and history available to the iPhone. It's not the browser.

Thanks. What threw me was this part of the description: "Start typing and the Awesome Bar takes you to your favorite and important sites." I assumed if it can "take you to your favorite and most important sites..." there was some browser capability.

I use Knowtilus.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
As a Mac user it's easy to keep my desktop and iPad versions of Safari synced, so I stick with that, except in the few instances when I need other features; which isn't all that often.

OP
info

info

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Thanks for the Webkit explanation poet.

Most reactions

Latest posts