What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Finding date info on ipad pictures????

baileysbliss

iPF Noob
Reaction score
How and can I find the date information on the photos I take with iPad or phone in my camera roll????

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
How and can I find the date information on the photos I take with iPad or phone in my camera roll????

I use a free app that extracts the data from the photo. It shows the date and time, plus much more from all the photos on your iPad.

https://itunes.apple.com/ca/app/photosexif/id427157697?mt=8

Here's an example.

image-3060396509.jpg

image-3909573491.jpg

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score

Also, check the photo apps that you may already have on your iPad, e.g iPhoto & Photogene can provide the information desired; when a photo is opened in Photogene, a metadata option is offered at the top right and provides the image format, pixel & file size, camera exposure stats, and the date. :)

OP
baileysbliss

baileysbliss

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thank you for the info... I was just wondering if there was a quick way (bulk wise) to see dates, but all this info helped. Thank you!

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Thank you for the info... I was just wondering if there was a quick way (bulk wise) to see dates, but all this info helped. Thank you!
Once iOS 7 is released, you'll be able to group your photos by date, like this.

image-2895288086.jpg

Most reactions