What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

find my phone-ha-ha

jim_joh

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I updated my iphone yesterday and now have spent hours trying to setup the so called free feature of finding your phone with no success. Now I am so confused with user names and passwords I can't remember my own name. Now Me.com says I am verified and my iphone says it is not verified. I am now at a standstill so life is too short to keep trying. By the way I also have a new HP6000 wireless printer & my ipad says cannot find printer. Door is closed. Had to tell somebody. jim_joh

OP
J

jim_joh

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I had a good night sleep and now find is working on iphone & ipad. jim_joh

RMSko

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If you're trying to use the MobileMe "Find My Phone" feature, one thing I learned was that you need to do it while in your Wi-Fi network. I had no success doing it while in 3G, but as soon as I was in my house, it set up without a problem.

j66photo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Great info. I'm going to be getting my ipad soon and learning lots of things from you guys....

BrennB

iPF Noob
Reaction score
One thing I just realized o can only "find"my iPad with another iOS device, so if my iPad is lost I have to steal another iproduct to find it... Lol oh well. That's just stupid

maryinredding

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You have to have certain printers to get the wireless printing to happen on a windows computer. I have a HP printer but it is the next model down and does not support eprint which is what the iPad requires. Oh, well, I can still just send a document in an email and print it at home. No biggie.....

OP
J

jim_joh

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Well I guess I have to eat my own words about finding my phone. I said everything worked but I just went me.com and it said nothing was registered. I am not going to spend anymore time setting it up again because it must be very unreliable. jim_joh

gagekko

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I will stay away from the updates until the 5th gen phone and 2nd gen pad come out. I'm happy with the way things are now :)

But, of course, I have my devices jailbroken ;)

Seadog

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Find my iPad worked really good for me. Several people were impressed how it worked.

Seadog

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I had my choice of several iPhones. I do wish they will make a Mac version though.

kvizzel

iPF Noob
Reaction score
One thing I just realized o can only "find"my iPad with another iOS device, so if my iPad is lost I have to steal another iproduct to find it... Lol oh well. That's just stupid

Wait what?

Just go to me.com and sign in.

BrennB

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have android phone. And windows computers. None of these work on me.com. So if I misplace, lose, forget my iPad I cant "find" it

Ok edit I was able to get it on the pc..though last time I tried it wanted to click to install. So let me try something on my android....maybe I'm just having mental block.

Edit 2.... Ok I was dumb, had to make my phone browser appear as desktop then I got the expected response... Until then it just wanted me to install the app, which wasn't right.

Last edited:
OP
J

jim_joh

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It's me again. Find my phone & ipad is working again. I guess it was my fault because when me.com opened me me user name & password was showing as default and I should have used me apple user name & password. live & learn. jim_joh

Most reactions

Latest posts