What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Find my iPad

KevinJS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Anyone who is using the app "Find my iPad" might like to have a look at this.

Right now, I'm in Dawson Creek, British Columbia and so is my iPad. I know this to be correct as I'm typing this thread leader on it.

image-4070383927.png

According to Find my iPad, I am (or at least my iPad is) in Billings, Montana. I distinctly DO NOT remember crossing the US border today!!!

Anyone have the foggiest idea of what the hell might be going on, because it has got me stumped.

Sent from my iPad using iPF

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I think it may have something to do with the positioning of towers used to pickup and transmit from the iPad, but I thought it would have been better than that. Is it more of a rural area where you are?

OP
KevinJS

KevinJS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Not really. The iPhone was shown at the same the right where it should have been, and half an hour later the iPad "moved". Billings is about 1000 miles from Dawson Creek.

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
KevinJS said:
Not really. The iPhone was shown at the same the right where it should have been, and half an hour later the iPad "moved". Billings is about 1000 miles from Dawson Creek.

Okay go figure, it was just a stab in the dark. I wonder what has affected it then? I've never tried it, looks like I'm going to now.

Most reactions

Latest posts