What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Find my I-phone

Kristab12

iPF Noob
Reaction score
We have two I-phones and one I-pad. When I try to find my husbands phone it say's it is off line. His WiFi is turned on. It always located my phone and my I-pad but never his phone and I can't figure out why???

KevinJS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Kristab12 said:
I will check that. In settings I'm assuming. We are very new to this. Just trying to work out the bugs.
Thanks

In iOS 6 it's in Settings/Privacy/Location Services.
In iOS 5 it's in Settings/Location Services

KevinJS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
No problem. That's what we're here for. Let us know how you get on. If that doesn't do it, something else will.

dhewson777

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Kristab12 said:
Checked Location is on and wifi is on but it still says his phone is offline?

Just to confirm, not only Location Services needs to be on, but scroll down the app list and make sure Find My IPhone is also on.

joeyteel

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Kristab12 said:
Maybe it won't work because He is not linked to my I-Cloud account?

That would be the problem. Since it shows up in your account it was probably linked at some point but isn't now. That would cause it to show up offline from your account.

If you logged in to Find my iPhone (or the icloud site) with his account it should show up under that one if everything is setup correctly :)

OP
K

Kristab12

iPF Noob
Reaction score
He doesn't have an account. It set up on my account and not the cloud because He didn't want my STUFF on his phone. Thanks at least problem solved. Maybe someday when he gets used to phone I can talk him into doing his OWN I-tunes account.

joeyteel

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ah, in that case, he needs his own account or you'll have to link it to yours to get it working :)

Most reactions

Latest posts