What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Finally, Track Changes on iPad With Office2 HD Update

Maura

iPadForums News Team
Reaction score

Cult of Mac reports on some very exciting news for anyone who likes to use their iPad for editing documents, as following a new update, Byte[SUP]2[/SUP]’s Office[SUP]2[/SUP] HD finally has track changes, the only iPad app to do so, until Microsoft officially brings Word to iOS in (as rumoured) November. Goodness knows why Apple hasn’t yet introduced it in Pages; people who use their iPad to edit have been crying out for it.

I do have to add a note of caution amidst all the jubilation here, as there are some comments in the UK app store to the effect that the app crashes sometimes and Word documents can sometimes look a little different than they do on your computer. Others say that it works just fine, and the comments in the US App Store are much more positive, but just bear the possibility of crashes in mind if you do decided to go ahead and purchase. I’ve actually just downloaded it myself, and so far, so good, working well! I’ll update if anything changes for the worse.

Click here to download the app for $7.99/£5.49: Office² HD for iPad on the iTunes App Store

Source: Office2 HD For iPad Adds Track Changes And Comments | Cult of Mac

Last edited by a moderator:

DocPhyz

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I don't know about "iCloud", but CloudOn does allow Track Changes and Comments in its Review toolbar.

OP
M

Maura

iPadForums News Team
Reaction score
I don't know about "iCloud", but CloudOn does allow Track Changes and Comments in its Review toolbar.

Ah yes thankyou! Probably what the OP meant. I had forgotten all about CloudOn. I think that Office2 is the only app that you can actually directly use track changes on your documents without using the cloud though. Either way seems to work well though. Very impressed with Office2 so far.

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Maura said:
Ah yes thankyou! Probably what the OP meant. I had forgotten all about CloudOn. I think that Office2 is the only app that you can actually directly use track changes on your documents without using the cloud though. Either way seems to work well though. Very impressed with Office2 so far.

And to add to that, Office2 is the only way of doing it if you don't have a connection as far as I am aware.

The Archangel

OP
M

Maura

iPadForums News Team
Reaction score
And to add to that, Office2 is the only way of doing it if you don't have a connection as far as I am aware.

The Archangel

Yes I think so. It really is very good indeed.

Most reactions

Latest posts