What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Finally, a Skin on my iPad 2!

OP
Y

yvrgal

iPF Noob
Reaction score
burntice said:
Nice pics. I had totally ruled out a skin before seeing yours...
Do you get the feeling that the ends may peel up over time?

Thanks...

Thanks.

I don't think it will peel to be honest. It's pretty solid the way I installed it.

Sent from my iPad using iPF

OP
Y

yvrgal

iPF Noob
Reaction score
RMSko said:
The only issue I see is that it doesn't seem to protect the corners well enough on the back. The Zagg "maximum protection" seems to cover the corners pretty well. Has anyone installed that one?

I'm waiting for my Portenzo case so I'm not really worried about the corners.

I hear there's an issue with the maximum protection from Zagg. The holes don't seem to align.

OP
Y

yvrgal

iPF Noob
Reaction score
RichardScarry said:
I put one the Invisiguard (spelling?) on my iPad 2 a week after I bought it. I noticed that the back side of the iPad has been getting warm, and this didn't happen without the skin on. Has anyone else noticed this?

It may not be the skin, but I just wanted to see if you folks have had this issue. It's not hot enough to worry about, but it does get warm.

Nope. Not on mine.

wclyffe

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Blackjack said:
I went with the PhantomSkinz. Difficult to apply since it is a dry application, but nice skin.

How did the application go? Sounds difficult! I used Bodyguardz...beautiful made and very accurate design for the iPad 2.

wclyffe

iPF Noob
Reaction score
yvrgal said:
Nice. I like the Bodyguardz skin better than Invisible Shield. The skin feels more natural on the finger tips. It was easy installation but the only downside is the squeegee that came with it. It's like using your credit card to smooth the surface. The skin doesn't feel like a thick rubber on the device. It's almost like there's nothing on my iPad.

I agree. Went on perfect and feels fantastic, but it's like nothing is there! Beautiful, accurate template for the iPad 2!!

wclyffe

iPF Noob
Reaction score
yvrgal said:
I hear there's an issue with the maximum protection from Zagg. The holes don't seem to align.

I heard that too about the Zagg. I've used Bodyguardz before and they have never peeled off. If there ever is a reason it fails or has to be removed, they replace it for free.

wclyffe

iPF Noob
Reaction score
yvrgal said:
Here are the pictures taken from my iPhone 4.

It's actually nice and clean after it's applied.

Yeah, mine went on the same...nice job! Even things like the mic hole are perfectly lined up.

OP
Y

yvrgal

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yes. I'm happy with Bodyguardz. :)

Now I'm just waiting for my cases.

darrinaltman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I first ordered a BestSkinsEver back and then I had to return iPad due to a speck under the glass. Second time around I ordered a Phantomskinz back.

The Phantomskinz provides complete back protection. The corners are tight (almost no exposed area) and it covers all around volume rocker and under speaker. It's real nice.

I noticed the smart cover has made two indentations, one on each side by the hinges, right on the edge of the shield. I'm glad it's not a scratch on the iPad but it still bothers me. I'm a little anal I know.

jimmy4fingers

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Here's mines fir the back and the front bezel, I love it! I did my iPhone 4 to, front rear and sides

Attachments

• image-3077487592.png
    image-3077487592.png
    853.7 KB · Views: 274
  • image-3939682841.png
    image-3939682841.png
    844.6 KB · Views: 263

madhatter61

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I put one the Invisiguard (spelling?) on my iPad 2 a week after I bought it. I noticed that the back side of the iPad has been getting warm, and this didn't happen without the skin on. Has anyone else noticed this?

It may not be the skin, but I just wanted to see if you folks have had this issue. It's not hot enough to worry about, but it does get warm.

Apple has designed the case as the heat sink ... meaning it radiates heat away from the power elements (processor, etc). When you add another insulating layer ... a la Invisiguard ... it is like putting on a coat ... the heat is trapped a bit. So you will experience the case becoming warmer. There is a big difference between warm and hot. Hot means trouble. Heat is the enemy of electronics.

Most reactions