What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Finally, a iPad case that doesnt suck!

tzimisce

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It's hard to tell from the photos, but I'd hazard a guess that the inner felt (or is it wool?) liner is a lint/hair magnet, which then transfers onto the iPad screen when it's closed.

OP
S

Samberoony

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It's hard to tell from the photos, but I'd hazard a guess that the inner felt (or is it wool?) liner is a lint/hair magnet, which then transfers onto the iPad screen when it's closed.

its felt, and it doesnt transfer!

Krakrjaks

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm looking for one that covers the edges completely except the different ports.

SBHOKC

iPF Noob
Reaction score
OTTERBOX DEFENDER

Sent from my iPad using iPF

I AGREE!! I have both the Defender and Commuter series... No harm will come to my iPad.

To the OP, my sister had this case you reviewed and after a month the corners got loose and stretched. Her iPad fell out of it and scratched, now she has an Otterbox also...

Spink10

iPF Noob
Reaction score
SBHOKC said:
I AGREE!! I have both the Defender and Commuter series... No harm will come to my iPad.

To the OP, my sister had this case you reviewed and after a month the corners got loose and stretched. Her iPad fell out of it and scratched, now she has an Otterbox also...

What is the difference between e commuter and defender? I have a defender.

thekarens

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Commuter is smaller and doesn't give quite as much protection, but on the other hand it's a little less bulky. I went with the Commuter.

Sent from my HTC Evo 4g

OP
S

Samberoony

iPF Noob
Reaction score
OTTERBOX DEFENDER

To the OP, my sister had this case you reviewed and after a month the corners got loose and stretched. Her iPad fell out of it and scratched, now she has an also...

ive had mine for 2months, i use it all the time and its still fine, ive even dropped it a few times!

otacon

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Just got the Yoobao Leather iPad2 case and love it. I had the Snugg case but it was fully padded and way too bulky. Plus it said "leather" but in the fine print it says "PU leather" The Yoobao case fits perfectly will all ports easily accessible. Plus there's nothing like real leather. If you're looking for a non-padded iPad case I think it's the best. $39 at Amazon...

[ame="http://www.amazon.com/Pyrus-Electronics-Genuine-Leather-generation/dp/B004RBT9XW"]Amazon.com: Pyrus Electronics (TM) Genuine Leather Case for iPad 2 (latest generation) (Black) - New Version from the manufacturer: Electronics[/ame]

tzimisce

iPF Noob
Reaction score
otacon said:
Plus it said "leather" but in the fine print it says "PU leather" The Yoobao case fits perfectly will all ports easily accessible. Plus there's nothing like real leather. If you're looking for a non-padded iPad case I think it's the best. $39 at Amazon...

I should point out, though, that PU leather, or polyurethane leather, is a kind of synthetic 'leather' made from the lowest grade of leather material (essentially the discarded parts after the top- and full-grain layers have been taken) bonded with polyurethane. I believe in some countries it cannot even be described or sold as 'genuine' leather. I have both a Yoobao case as well as a top-grain Oberon case, and placed side by side, the difference in quality between the two are opposite ends of the spectrum.

otacon

iPF Noob
Reaction score
otacon said:
Plus it said "leather" but in the fine print it says "PU leather" The Yoobao case fits perfectly will all ports easily accessible. Plus there's nothing like real leather. If you're looking for a non-padded iPad case I think it's the best. $39 at Amazon...

I should point out, though, that PU leather, or polyurethane leather, is a kind of synthetic 'leather' made from the lowest grade of leather material (essentially the discarded parts after the top- and full-grain layers have been taken) bonded with polyurethane. I believe in some countries it cannot even be described or sold as 'genuine' leather. I have both a Yoobao case as well as a top-grain Oberon case, and placed side by side, the difference in quality between the two are opposite ends of the spectrum.

Good looking case the Oberon..for a $130 it should be..lol phew..lol

Most reactions

Latest posts