What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

FINALLY.....1 last question =)

Taylor263621

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ok I FINALLY jailbroke my ipad....THANK YOU EVERYone for helping me ....i just have 1 Final Question:

1. I open Cydia and which do I chose

a. User/Hacker/Developer?

I think user?

THANKS GUYS

DaveSt

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It sort of depends on what you want to do with your jailbreak. If you simply want to install Cydia apps, choose user. If you want apps + access to a command terminal, choose hacker. If you want to develop apps + terminal + Cydia apps, choose developer. I generally choose hacker.

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
No offence mate, but considering how long it took us to get here, USER will be just fine...
You are free to change it any time, so to be honest it does not matter too much...

Last edited:
OP
T

Taylor263621

iPF Noob
Reaction score
dude you gave me the wrong IPSW and for the longest time, I thought I was doing something wrong...and soon as i went to felix burns...its worked no problem

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
dude you gave me the wrong IPSW and for the longest time, I thought I was doing something wrong...and soon as i went to felix burns...its worked no problem

Ahh, I see. It's my fault! There's thanks for ya... I really don't mind taking it on the chin when I make a mistake, and I've made plenty I assure you, but for the record I PM'd you a link which in turn took you to the official Apple firmware download link. It was;

http://appldnld.apple.com/iPad/061-9857.20101122.VGthy/iPad1,1_4.2.1_8C148_Restore.ipsw

This the ONLY official and legal download link and it is directly from the Apple website. I assure you it is 100% the right link. I even tested it by downloading it and running redsn0w on it when you told me it didn't work! It worked fine!

Anyhoo, time to get off this high horse before I fall :)

Most reactions