What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Film on to ipad 2 how

wullie1967

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi I want to no how to put film which is on my computer or disc to my iPad tried it with iTunes but it won't work help

Chays

iPF Noob
Reaction score
wullie1967 said:
Hi I want to no how to put film which is on my computer or disc to my iPad tried it with iTunes but it won't work help

Hi,

What format is the film?
So at the end of the name it says what? Xyz.???

Regards,
~Chays~

OP
wullie1967

wullie1967

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Chays said:
Hi,

What format is the film?
So at the end of the name it says what? Xyz.???

Regards,
~Chays~

Hi one is an original DVD the other a copy

Chays

iPF Noob
Reaction score
wullie1967 said:
Hi one is an original DVD the other a copy

Ok, but are these file on you computer already, if so. Could tell me if it's in .mov or .avi or .mp4 format

Regards,
~Chays~

OP
wullie1967

wullie1967

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Chays said:
Ok, but are these file on you computer already, if so. Could tell me if it's in .mov or .avi or .mp4 format

Regards,
~Chays~

No they are just DVD discs how do u tell wat format it is
I think the copy one is avi

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
If you go to your documents on your pc-find the movie and point your mouse to that file. There you will see the format, or extension that Chays is asking for. Usually the extensions are: .avi, .mov, etc.

I have used handbrake app for iPad when I transferred a DVD from my pc to my iPad. It took about 45 minutes to convert, but it was very nice! Hope that helps!

OP
wullie1967

wullie1967

iPF Noob
Reaction score
skimonkey said:
If you go to your documents on your pc-find the movie and point your mouse to that file. There you will see the format, or extension that Chays is asking for. Usually the extensions are: .avi, .mov, etc.

I have used handbrake app for iPad when I transferred a DVD from my pc to my iPad. It took about 45 minutes to convert, but it was very nice! Hope that helps!

Think it's vob

Chays

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Okay, let's try this...
Go to app store and download a free app called GPlayer lite.
Plug your iPad into the comp, open iTunes and under your iPad, under apps, there should be a file sharing block. Copy the video into here and see if it plays in that app, once you have synced and disconnected...Let me know

Regards,
~Chays~

OP
wullie1967

wullie1967

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Chays said:
Okay, let's try this...
Go to app store and download a free app called GPlayer lite.
Plug your iPad into the comp, open iTunes and under your iPad, under apps, there should be a file sharing block. Copy the video into here and see if it plays in that app, once you have synced and disconnected...Let me know

Regards,
~Chays~

Done that it worked but it went on my iPad on 3 different files so I have to watch it then open the other file for the other half of the film is there anyway to make it into the one film thanks for help really appreciate

Chays

iPF Noob
Reaction score
VOBMerge by evilmasterDOTnet
It will stitch the two files together
This is a computer program.

Regards,
~Chays~

OP
wullie1967

wullie1967

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Chays said:
VOBMerge by evilmasterDOTnet
It will stitch the two files together
This is a computer program.

Regards,
~Chays~

Ok cheers it didn't work with my original dvd

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
You will have to do a google search and find it for your PC-than download it. It is not an Ipad app-but works well for apple devices. I have uploaded several DVD Xmas movies onto my Ipod Touch 4th gen--which has been wonderful! Once the conversion is complete-I simply opened itunes and and dragged the file to my ipod/ipad icon on the left side. Hope that helps you. There are also other ipad movie apps that have been mentioned in previous posts also-you might find it worth your while to see what others have used. Good luck, Wullie! :)

OP
wullie1967

wullie1967

iPF Noob
Reaction score
skimonkey said:
You will have to do a google search and find it for your PC-than download it. It is not an Ipad app-but works well for apple devices. I have uploaded several DVD Xmas movies onto my Ipod Touch 4th gen--which has been wonderful! Once the conversion is complete-I simply opened itunes and and dragged the file to my ipod/ipad icon on the left side. Hope that helps you. There are also other ipad movie apps that have been mentioned in previous posts also-you might find it worth your while to see what others have used. Good luck, Wullie! :)

Thanks man cheers

Most reactions