1. Due to the recent site upgrade, the iPadForums (iPF) App will no longer work. The new iPadForums.net website has been designed from the ground up to work perfectly from any mobile, tablet, or desktop computer using the built in internet browser. Create a shortcut to iPadForums.net on your home screen by following these steps: Create an icon for iPadForums.net

Film Downloading!

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions - Site Assistance' started by joanmward, Oct 14, 2012.

1. joanmward

joanmward iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hello,

I am a new user (of anything Apple, I'm afraid!) My iPad 3 is a wonderful birthday present from my son. I live in the UK but am in Jordan at the moment, where I think I cannot access iCloud.

At 16.00 yesterday I started downloading Salmon Fishing in Yemen, to rent. It is now over 24 hours later and only 1.4 of 3.2 GB has downloaded. I have been in a WI fi area for all but an hour of that time.

What is the problem? Is it me or the download speed of my Internet package? Thank you.
  2. Mini_mi

Mini_mi iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6 / 0
    Hi joanmward,

How fast your download goes is completely dependent on whatever speed your connecting with. When I am connected to my WIFI @ home, it usually takes about1 minute per Gig.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
  3. joanmward

joanmward iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Downloading film

So....after 60 hours 2.5 of 3.2 has downloaded . This morning there was a message saying Cant download now Done or Retry? I pressed Done because it's driving me mad and slowing down other processes. Despite pressing Done, the trickle of a download continues. How can I stop the download and get a refund on the rental please? joan
  4. dhewson777

dhewson777 iPad Addict

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +89 / 0
    Contact iTunes Support regarding refunds. You can do it via iTunes on PC/Mac, not aware if its possible to do it via iPad.