What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Filesystem Question

Munky

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Here's my question, where at on the ipads filesystem are videos kept? The reason I'm asking is that I prefer to download all my movies using goodreader from my home server and I'd like to then use file to place them in the folder for the actual "Videos" app. Is this possible?

Kingsmuse

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I don`t think this is possible.

Even if you could find what directory the videos are kept in you couldn`t possibly access it.

In my opinion this is the most serious drawback the iPad has currently.
I`m hoping it`s fixed in a new version of the OS.

OP
Munky

Munky

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I finally found the videos, they're mixed in various folders amongst the mp3s. The don't have the original filename of course, but a combination of four letters. I tried renaming a video to a random four letter combo and dropped it in the folder using iFile, but it didn't show up in the videos app. Anyone know a way to get them to show up, now that I found them? Could the filenames/letter combos be tied to some sort of library or plist file somewhere that I could just add the names or combos of the new videos to and then they might show up?

Most reactions

Latest posts