What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Files will not permanently delete/turn into OTHER

Ajaxx

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hey everyone i hope someone out there can help,

Im using a work ipad not sure what model etc but im trying to permanently delete files that i have loaded onto it. They appear as normal when i copy them onto the ipad however when i try to delete them they turn from either music or video into other on the main screen so obviously not being completely removed when i delete them please help this is really an irritating issue.

Cheers,

AJ

dhewson777

iPF Novice
Reaction score
What app are the files in? Each app may have it's particular sequence to delete. Sometimes it is a simple as a left swipe to reveal. The delete button, then tap it.

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
"Other", visible in iTunes when the iPad is connected to it, usually refers to Safari cache, email attachments stored on your iPad, reminders, notes, messages, weather data, ...
To free some space, regularly delete Safari history and data, old messages in iMessage, notes, reminders, ...

If this doesn't reduce it's size, backup your iPad and restore it. This should remove most of the space used by "Other".

Hope that helps.

And: welcome to iPF, btw! I hope you enjoy your time here!

Last edited:

Most reactions