What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Files over 20MB

mikis70

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi,

Can I load files over 20MB somehow via 3G connection from AppStore or is it possible only via Wifi connection?

Last edited:

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Using the iPad's 3G, you can't go over the 20MB limit.

If you tether to another 3G connection, say a mobile phone's hotspot, it will act just like it has a direct wi-fi link to the internet; (cause how would it know different?)

So, not really, but kinda.

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've read that you can go over 20MB on 3G if you jailbreak, but I don't know that for a fact.

The 20MB limit is an Apple restriction on 3G, probably so that carriers aren't overloaded.

zoompad

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yes, 3G can not allow you send file over 20MB. You should try some webupload that support this

OP
M

mikis70

iPF Noob
Reaction score
zoompad said:
Yes, 3G can not allow you send file over 20MB. You should try some webupload that support this

Ok, thanks guys. My wifi connection is temporary out of order so I just have to wait it.

Most reactions

Latest posts