What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Files and attachments

Colkirk

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi there,
I need to be able to access files with my Ipad2 over wifi from my pc, edit files and then attach them to emails using the Ipad. I would be grateful for suggestions on Apps please - Geoff

D

Deleted member 247820

Have you tried Dropbox?

You need Dropbox installed on both devices and then you should be able to do what you asked.

nambiar.rmr

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi there,
I need to be able to access files with my Ipad2 over wifi from my pc, edit files and then attach them to emails using the Ipad. I would be grateful for suggestions on Apps please - Geoff

Install documents to go in both the devices. i do that

Sent from my iPad using iPF

jwt873

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I prefer the Dropbox method for sharing files.. Apart from my iPad, I have two computers and a laptop and an Android phone. All of them have Dropbox installed giving them all full access to the files I want to share between them.

But another way to do it would be to use a VNC app like iTeleport iTeleport | Home .. That app lets you access your computer directly from the iPad. The computer screen appears on the iPad allowing you operate it remotely so you could open Word or whatever to edit documents, then send them using Outlook or whatever you use as a mail client.

nambiar.rmr

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I prefer the Dropbox method for sharing files.. Apart from my iPad, I have two computers and a laptop and an Android phone. All of them have Dropbox installed giving them all full access to the files I want to share between them.

But another way to do it would be to use a VNC app like iTeleport iTeleport | Home .. That app lets you access your computer directly from the iPad. The computer screen appears on the iPad allowing you operate it remotely so you could open Word or whatever to edit documents, then send them using Outlook or whatever you use as a mail client.

VNC is not supporting iPad OS though, i tried it

Sent from my iPad using iPF

OP
C

Colkirk

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Sorry for the delay - thanks for the replies, sounds as though Dropbox is my best option - still unsure about attachments for emails though - only had Ipad for a week and still getting used to it but most impressed!

Most reactions

Latest posts