What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Filebrowser app remote access

Hawaiian

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I cannot get my filebrowser app to connect remotely-on 4G. Connects fine on my home wifi but will not connect on public wifi or through 4G. I've tried reconfiguring my browser but still no joy! Help!

wingzfan61

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Have you opened the necessary ports for the pc on your router to allow outside access?

OP
Hawaiian

Hawaiian

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I followed the directions from the apps website... I thought I did everything right, but apparently not.

wingzfan61

iPF Noob
Reaction score
First thing is check the ports on your router and make sure they are definitely open then if so post back any errors you get.

OP
Hawaiian

Hawaiian

iPF Noob
Reaction score
When you say open the necessary ports, do you mean port forwarding to my NAS? I may be doing things wrong...

wingzfan61

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You gotta forward the ports to whatever ip address your files are stored on. So if its the NAS then yes you gotta open the inbound ports for that ip

OP
Hawaiian

Hawaiian

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I do that here?
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1357834526.974992.jpg

OP
Hawaiian

Hawaiian

iPF Noob
Reaction score
So 445 on the inbound port and my NAS address and 445 on the private port? Anything else need to be changed?

OP
Hawaiian

Hawaiian

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ok.. Still not working, but I will try again when I get home aft work. Thank for all the help! I'm sure I will be bothering you again later.

Most reactions

Latest posts