What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

FileBrowser: Accessing Public Folders on PC

cunnidc

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi, I've just found and installed FB (just using the free version at the mo). I can connect to my PC and see the various folders relating to the account I connect with but not the Public folders. So if I connect with Admin I land at C:\Users\Admin but I can't get to C:\Users\Public.

I tried creating an account called Public but that didn't work (I wouldn't have liked a fudge like that anyway). I also tried creating a link to Public from C:\Users\Admin\Links but that didn't work either.

Any ideas?

Cheers

Reaction score
You've got to understand how shares work on PCs. You generally don't connect to directories per se, but rather the shares that are created of them.

If you're on the PC, look at the properties of the folder in question to see if it's shared.

You'll normally connect to shares using the "UNC" format. Something like \\pcname\sharename\subdir\subdir

So, to be sure your you can connect to c:\public, make a share on that directory.

You can see what shares exist on a PC by typing

Net share

At the command line.

Last edited:

Most reactions

Latest posts