What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

File Upload Question

Hal05154

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello Everyone,

Hoping someone has run into this situation.

For my classes, I have a Prof. that wants us to upload our work through the college website. It's call "Blackboard" You select the class, then upload the work through the webpage. unfortunately, when I hit the "Browse your computer button", nothing happens.

Since we don't have an explorer system on our iPads like a windows based system, am I still able to do this somehow? Can someone tell me how?

Thanks!

Hal

Last edited:

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I don't have a browser based solution for you. The iPad doesn't have a standard file management system so the button on the site can't access it. At least not in Safari. Perhaps one of the alternate browsers can do this.

No idea if it would work, but you could try accessing the web site in GoodReader's browser. If the file is already available in GoodReader, maybe. Worth a try, and GoodReader is a worthwhile app to have anyway.

Just want to make sure you are aware that there is a BlackBoard app available for the iPad. It may be able to do what you want. However it says that it has to be enabled by your campus ITs. So ask them before purchasing.

OP
Hal05154

Hal05154

iPF Noob
Reaction score
twerppoet said:
I don't have a browser based solution for you. The iPad doesn't have a standard file management system so the button on the site can't access it. At least not in Safari. Perhaps one of the alternate browsers can do this.

No idea if it would work, but you could try accessing the web site in GoodReader's browser. If the file is already available in GoodReader, maybe. Worth a try, and GoodReader is a worthwhile app to have anyway.

Just want to make sure you are aware that there is a BlackBoard app available for the iPad. It may be able to do what you want. However it says that it has to be enabled by your campus ITs. So ask them before purchasing.

Thanks for the heads up on the app. I emailed my school to see if I can use it in the schools Blackboard. I'll check out the good reader idea too. I agree about good readers usefulness!

Asharp

iPF Novice
Reaction score
twerppoet said:

I just wanted to thank you for this post.

As a newbie, it never crossed my mind that there were alternatives to Safari. Although the browsers I've downloaded haven't solved my inability to upload files to Blackboard from my iPad, I greatly appreciate being able to surf the Internet and download files like I can on a laptop.

I have a similar problem to Hal. Unfortunately, my institution's Blackboard software is incompatible with the Blackboard app, but at least I can still upload by using LogMeIn as an alternative until I can work out my problems with my Splashtop setup.

Asharp

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I've tried alternative browsers but I can't upload to Blackboard using any of them. Fortunately, I've found a workaround: I use Splashtop to log into my laptop remotely in order to upload files to Blackboard.

My most frustrating problem with my iPad has been solved.

Most reactions