What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

File downloads

myjenny57

iPF Noob
Reaction score
WHen I download thing other than app store downloads where do they go? I had to download a file for VLN but I cannot find it now.

OP
M

myjenny57

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It was a DMG file extension and sorry it was for the application VLCstreamer app.

OP
M

myjenny57

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It is I got it from app store but it says you have to download some "helper" file and that is the one I am having a problem with.

http://hobbyistsoftware.com/VLCStreamer

But this file won't download

Thanks for helping I am totally new to iPads

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
It is I got it from app store but it says you have to download some "helper" file and that is the one I am having a problem with.

VLC Streamer Setup for iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch

Maybe others will come along and see your post to help.

Sorry that I couldn't me more help to you. :(

......by chance did you DL the helper file onto your Mac?

OP
M

myjenny57

iPF Noob
Reaction score
No worries will check with app support no had not d/l to computer will try that too

Thanks

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
No worries will check with app support no had not d/l to computer will try that too

Thanks

It looks like you need to DL the helper to your Mac in order to communicate and stream to your VLC app. Let us know what you come up with, ok?

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score

VLC Streamer Setup for iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch

Those files are for the computer, not the iPad. This is one of those apps that needs you to be running something on both the computer and the iPad at the same time.

The file is a compressed disk format for the Mac. You download it on the Mac. If it does not do so automatically, double click on it and you will be presented with a virtual drive with files in it. There should be instructions on what to do inside (drag tot he App folder or run an installer).

OP
M

myjenny57

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Wowngoodmtomknowmand would have been a nice to have in the instructions. And thanks for all,the rapid responses and help.

Most reactions

Latest posts