File download

Discussion in 'iPad General Discussions' started by Fxbeppie, Jul 31, 2014.

1. Fxbeppie

Fxbeppie
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Hi, I have no experience with Apple or the ipad but now I have to use it.

A little context: I need to install drivers on my windows laptop for my wifi card, iow I don't have internet access on this laptop.

I have this ipad which has internet access. I would like to download the drivers for the windows laptop from my ipad. These drivers are part of a compressed exe file. So after downloading this file the idea was to transfer the file via a USB cable from the ipad to the windows laptop.

Sounds easy but until now I was not even able to download the file with Safari or atomic lite.

Is there an easy way to do this?

Thanks.

2. J. A.

J. A.
    Expand Collapse
    Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Hi, welcome to iPF!

To download an exe file, you need an app, such as this one: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/idownload/id300063294?mt=8

You can use it to download the file to your device. Getting them to your Windows laptop without internet access will be more difficult, because you can't connect a USB stick to your iPad, or the USB cable to iPad and laptop, to transfer the file to it, afaik. iTunes won't recognize the exe file.

#2 J. A., Jul 31, 2014
    Last edited: Jul 31, 2014
  3. Fxbeppie

Fxbeppie
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Thanks j.a., yeah getting these files over there will probably be a challenge as well. The most pragmatic option is probably to run to the store and buy a network cable which I can put between the router/modem and the laptop. Thanks for your quick response.

4. J. A.

J. A.
    Expand Collapse
    Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    You're welcome.