What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

File download

Fxbeppie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi, I have no experience with Apple or the ipad but now I have to use it.

A little context: I need to install drivers on my windows laptop for my wifi card, iow I don't have internet access on this laptop.

I have this ipad which has internet access. I would like to download the drivers for the windows laptop from my ipad. These drivers are part of a compressed exe file. So after downloading this file the idea was to transfer the file via a USB cable from the ipad to the windows laptop.

Sounds easy but until now I was not even able to download the file with Safari or atomic lite.

Is there an easy way to do this?

Thanks.

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi, welcome to iPF!

To download an exe file, you need an app, such as this one: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/idownload/id300063294?mt=8

You can use it to download the file to your device. Getting them to your Windows laptop without internet access will be more difficult, because you can't connect a USB stick to your iPad, or the USB cable to iPad and laptop, to transfer the file to it, afaik. iTunes won't recognize the exe file.

Last edited:
OP
F

Fxbeppie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks j.a., yeah getting these files over there will probably be a challenge as well. The most pragmatic option is probably to run to the store and buy a network cable which I can put between the router/modem and the laptop. Thanks for your quick response.

Most reactions

Latest posts