What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

File .avi

Fag000

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello
I wonder what is the best way to put a file .avi on my ipad air 2
I tried with a couple of free software (videoconverter and others) but only half of the file is converted and trasferred.
Is there a free and efficient software to do this?
Thanks/Fabio

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Welcome to iPadForums, Fag000!

Our members are from around the globe, it might take some time until the one who can answer your question logs in and replies. Not every member is here every day, so I'm asking for your patience.
I hope someone can help.

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Hello
I wonder what is the best way to put a file .avi on my ipad air 2
I tried with a couple of free software (videoconverter and others) but only half of the file is converted and trasferred.
Is there a free and efficient software to do this?

Hi Fabio - as mentioned by Johanna, this is a LARGE international community and posts have appeared on viewing video on an iPad over the years - a member(s) w/ experience needs to respond. For myself, I do not do video on my previous iPad 2 or current iPad Air 2, so I can only google - BUT, may help if you tell us more about the nature of your .avi file and also what you have tried specifically.

Also for others reading this thread (I'm sure you already know this information) - the video files supported on the iPad 2 are shown in the image below (Source); the iPad does not support AVI, Flash (FLV) or Windows (WMV) video file formats, so a conversion to a compatible format is needed (of course, you have tried this w/o success). A google of "avi to mp4 conversion" will generate a LOT of hits, some free and others at a price - as mentioned, this is not my area of interest, so cannot make a recommendation - again, I'm sure you've looked at a number of these choices. SO, let's hope that 'someone' w/ expertise in this area shows up - good luck. Dave :)
Screen Shot 2017-02-28 at 11.05.55 AM.png

Dopplerup

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello Fabio,
I use Wondershare Video Converter Ultimate. It does an excellent job of converting the videos and has a selectable "iPad Air" setting. Look here:

[OFFICIAL] Wondershare Video Converter Ultimate: Your Complete Video Toolbox

The only issue for you will be that its not a free programme, but since I do convert a reasonable number of home videos for iPad viewing its not an issue for me.
Cheers
Rick

Most reactions

Latest posts