What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

fifa 12 download keeps restarting after completing about 50% on ipad 3

RTK

iPF Noob
Reaction score
hi guys, I recently acquired the new ipad, I've so far successfully purchased and downloaded GTA 3, angry birds and kindle.

last night I purchased FIFA 12, it downloads about 500 + MB and then stops and goes back to the begining, this has happened 3 times and has chewed into 1.5+ GB of my data, i eventually stopped trying coz its just eating into my bandwidth, what could be the issue?

the game i wanted most of all was the FIFA 12, but now its giving me hassles to download

i was using my galaxy s as a hotspot for the download.

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi and welcome to the Forum!

This is a very big game to download, over 1 GB so I'm wondering what type of speed you're getting from your wifi hotspot, as I would say the problem is here somehow. Can you go somewhere that does have free wifi to try there? I hope someone will chime in here with more help

The IPad Forum is a community of members from all walks of life and from all over the world coming together to share our experiences and to help each other learn about this wonderful piece of technology the Ipad. There is a wealth of information already here in the many threads we have so doing some searches will answer most of the questions you have. If then you cannot find the answer you are seeking then by all means post your question. There are many friendly and informed members here only too willing to help you.

We also have our own App - It is a very simple app to navigate.
http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/discussion-forum-for-ipad/id412896524?mt=8
Reading the IPad manual is a great place to start so please download a copy of these.
http://www.support.apple.com/manuals/ipad/
2 very informative threads from which you will learn many tips and shortcuts for the IPad.
http://www.ipadforums.net/ipad-general-discussions/21590-tips-tricks-those-us-who-dont-know.html
http://www.ipadforums.net/ipad-os/49581-ios5-tips-tricks.html
We have rules like any Community so please read these also
http://www.ipadforums.net/forum-rul...um-rules-everybody-please-read.html#post14697

Once again we welcome you here and are so pleased you have joined us!

OP
R

RTK

iPF Noob
Reaction score
thanks for the welcome,

the thing is it always gets to the same point and stops and attempts to restart the entire download again. if it were stopping randomly then i would think that it were the network connection.

I've read somewhere that I can download the app on my PC via itunes, is this correct? in that case it would be using a 3G internet connection.

a direct download from the appstore on th ipad does not allow the app to be downloaded via 3G, it says the download is over 50MB and requires WIFI

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
RTK said:
thanks for the welcome,

the thing is it always gets to the same point and stops and attempts to restart the entire download again. if it were stopping randomly then i would think that it were the network connection.

I've read somewhere that I can download the app on my PC via itunes, is this correct? in that case it would be using a 3G internet connection.

a direct download from the appstore on th ipad does not allow the app to be downloaded via 3G, it says the download is over 50MB and requires WIFI

Yes you can download direct to your PC but you will find that the same limitations will apply to downloads for 3G also. Do you know anywhere you could go to complete the download? Any McDonald's nearby, although I don't know if they put limitations on their free wifi also. Where's your nearest Apple store perhaps?

OP
R

RTK

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yes you can download direct to your PC but you will find that the same limitations will apply to downloads for 3G also. Do you know anywhere you could go to complete the download? Any McDonald's nearby, although I don't know if they put limitations on their free wifi also. Where's your nearest Apple store perhaps?

yeah they limit free wifi to about 30MB.

there is an istore not too far from me, do they have full free wifi for a download of that size?

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
RTK said:
yeah they limit free wifi to about 30MB.

there is an istore not too far from me, do they have full free wifi for a download of that size?

Sorry I'm not sure on this but I do know other members have done this at an Apple store. If its nearby it would be worth a shot though.

Good luck!

OP
R

RTK

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Sorry I'm not sure on this but I do know other members have done this at an Apple store. If its nearby it would be worth a shot though.

Good luck!

thanks a lot, will give it a try

Most reactions

Latest posts