What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Fetch--push?????

DICKNPHYL

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Can someone explain the "PUSH"--"FETCH" in ipad2 settings and how they should be set for proper operation between the ipad2 and my Apple Macpro Workstation. I guess something's in life are not for me to comprehend.
DICKSTER-----

Sent from my iPad using iPF

jsh1120

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I assume you're referring to the "Mail, Contacts, Calendars" setting in "Settings." If so, the "fetch" setting tells the iPad's app (e.g. email) to "fetch" new data (e.g. mail messages) from the source when you open the app. If you set the setting to "push," the iPad opens an app in the background (according to the schedule you set) that receives the data from the source. You may enable the iPad to "notify" you when that happens, as well. Such "notification" doesn't make sense in the "fetch" mode because presumably you're looking at the screen when the app "fetches" the data.

OP
DICKNPHYL

DICKNPHYL

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Josh---thanks for info. On push etc. appreciated !
DICKSTER-----

OP
DICKNPHYL

DICKNPHYL

iPF Noob
Reaction score
jsh1120 said:
I assume you're referring to the "Mail, Contacts, Calendars" setting in "Settings." If so, the "fetch" setting tells the iPad's app (e.g. email) to "fetch" new data (e.g. mail messages) from the source when you open the app. If you set the setting to "push," the iPad opens an app in the background (according to the schedule you set) that receives the data from the source. You may enable the iPad to "notify" you when that happens, as well. Such "notification" doesn't make sense in the "fetch" mode because presumably you're looking at the screen when the app "fetches" the data.

Most reactions

Latest posts