What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Feedback on my Wooden iDevice Accessories

Notched Art

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.notchedart.com
I just started an Etsy Shop where I'm building and selling my wooden iPad, iPhone stands and other accessories. I'm probably about 2 or 3 months into it and though I'm getting a lot of "Likes", I'm not really getting any verbal feedback. I'm just hoping to get some ideas/ suggestions from people who have probably already seen alot of similar stuff. I'm not trying to become the next "Otterbox" or anything but I'd like to make a decent living eventually as it's fun and satisfying to do. Please check out the link in my signature and tell me what you think.

Attachments

• ipadforum.jpg
    ipadforum.jpg
    55.3 KB · Views: 351

kies99

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I went to your website and have a few comments. I've not seen these in person, so just based on what I see on the site. Any negative comments I hope you take as constructive criticism only, not as any type of attack.

I like the "iPad 2 multi-use decorative display stand". This is the one that can hang on the wall or has the kickstand. However, I do have a couple comments.

From the pictures, it looks like this might easily slide around when I'm touching the screen. Is there anything on the kickstand bottom to keep this from moving (rubber or anything)? I also wonder how sturdy it is and if it might tip to the side at all. Also, where does the kickstand go when the stand is hanging on the wall? Maybe a clip or slot to put it in so that it's always with the stand might be handly.

As for the stand itself, are the clamps that hold the ipad in place adjustable? I use a slickwrap on the back and a smart cover on the front so it's not an issue for me, but a lot of people use full cases/covers and won't want to have to take those off to use the stand.

Other than that (and as with anything the lower you can get the price the better), I kind of like this. :thumbs:

The other item I looked at were your "TV boxes". To be honest with you, I see those as a novelty only and at the price you have I would have a hard time justifying buying one. I don't think it's something I'd leave my ipad in all the time and not something I'd carry from room to room. As with the other stand, people my not be willing to remove their cases so you'd want to try and figure out a way to make the space inside adjustable to fit the ipad with or without a case.

Most reactions

Latest posts