1. Due to the recent site upgrade, the iPadForums (iPF) App will no longer work. The new iPadForums.net website has been designed from the ground up to work perfectly from any mobile, tablet, or desktop computer using the built in internet browser. Create a shortcut to iPadForums.net on your home screen by following these steps: Create an icon for iPadForums.net

fed ex weekend delivery? and how many people pre sign.

Discussion in 'iPad 2 Forum' started by desflurane, Apr 9, 2011.

1. desflurane

desflurane iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Will they deliver on weekends? My pad is a few hours from my home at a fed ex fac. Says due the 12th but so close.

How do you guys feel about pre signing for delivery.
  2. iPadCharlie

iPadCharlie iPad Super Guru

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +7 / 0
    As long as you trust your neighbors, presigning is OK. Fed-Ex does normal home deliveries Tuesday through Saturday, so if you don't get it today, you won't see it until Tuesday. Sorry!
  3. chazmink

chazmink iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    I had my Yankees season tickets delivered on Monday two weeks ago by FedEx. They actually sat in the local office over the weekend because it wasn't yet time for delivery so it wasn't a special high priority package. it is my understanding that they don't deliver on Saturdays unless a premium has been paid but deliver on all weekdays. That has been my experience.
    >>>>>>>>>>
    Clarification
    After visiting the Fedex web site I think where the delivery day confusion stems from is whether Apple actually uses the service which is formally known as FedEx Home Delivery. If they do it looks like no Monday delivery.
    Last edited: Apr 9, 2011
  4. gforeman

gforeman iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Personally, I think you have to be and idiot to Pre-Sign for something this expensive. There were early reports of people getting empty boxes. This releases FedEx and Apple of all responsibility if something happens.

I even made the FedEx guy stand there while I opened the box and made sure there was an iPad in it.
  5. ParishM

ParishM iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Fedex "HOME" delivery is Tues-Sat with no premium for Sat
  6. Fifi1992

Fifi1992 iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    My iPad was at fedex on march 19th a sat. I picked it up on monday march 21st. If u call them they will hold it for you at the local fedex office. Most are open unil 7pm