What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Fed Ex Breaking Estimated Delivery

Sissey

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Things are starting to move.....mine showed up in Anchorage at 6:00 AM this morning. Now for customs then onto Memphis hub and out to final destinations.

netsecpro

iPF Noob
Reaction score
So I guess this is Apple's idea of "Fast and Free Shipping"? What a joke! :mad:

ipaduser434

iPF Noob
Reaction score
So I guess this is Apple's idea of "Fast and Free Shipping"? What a joke! :mad:

Apple isn't flying the airplanes - FedEx is. It may well be that the earthquake, tsunami, and nuclear reactor crises are affecting flight schedules.

Another scenario is that given the escalating costs of fuel, FedEx may want to fly with a full load of product instead of a half-empty cargo jet.

netsecpro

iPF Noob
Reaction score
freebirdforever said:
Really? ....wow dude. Its not apples fault.

Apple is at fault for choosing a "non-priority" delivery service. See my earlier post quoting an email I received from FedEx.

brucebotti

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Was there an option to get expedited shipping? I was so intent on getting my order in, that I did not notice. I'm sure that it would be pricy.

Having worked for FedEx (in their freight division), I can tell you that FedEx will give the shipper (Apple in this case) exactly what they pay for. They will only ship early if there is space available. If they shipped "early" all the time, shippers would never pay for the expedited shipping.

Mine is scheduled to arrive on 4/14. Maybe its because I'm old (61 next week), but I can wait. It's not like I'm waiting for a liver or a heart. That being said, I would love to have it come early...:D!
Bruce

Sissey

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Well, it's nothing short of amazing. My iPad left Lantau Island on the 22nd (they are a day ahead of us). The iPad went to Anchorage getting there yesterday morning, cleared customs then on to Oakland, CA, up to Portland, OR and then trucked the rest of the way. Believe me, I live in the toolies and my iPad is on the truck for delivery as advertised on the 23rd. FedEx doesn't leave any room for mechanicals or weather delays and as long everything goes smooth then you should have your iPad on time.

Last edited:

Mei

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I was starting to get a little annoyed and doubt the estimated delivery date.. but it is on the truck to be delivered today! It got to Anchorage last night, and it is already on a truck in San Diego. Once it gets going, it *really* gets going.. :D

downunderguy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My 32G AT&T White is now on the truck and out for delivery. One day earlier than on the FedEx shipping notice, same day as tracking info.:)

downunderguy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Waiting

Was there an option to get expedited shipping? I was so intent on getting my order in, that I did not notice. I'm sure that it would be pricy.

Having worked for FedEx (in their freight division), I can tell you that FedEx will give the shipper (Apple in this case) exactly what they pay for. They will only ship early if there is space available. If they shipped "early" all the time, shippers would never pay for the expedited shipping.

Mine is scheduled to arrive on 4/14. Maybe its because I'm old (61 next week), but I can wait. It's not like I'm waiting for a liver or a heart. That being said, I would love to have it come early...:D!
Bruce

You're old!! I'm 66, but it's on the truck today, so looks like it will get here in time.:p

ladydi

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My iPad left China last Thursday, was in Hong Kong on Friday, Anchorage on Saturday, Memphis on Sunday and delivered on Monday the 21st by noon in California - one day ahead of the scheduled delivery. That was with "Priority Shipping".

prwong

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The problem is that Apple doesn't even give us the option of getting faster shipping, so now my package languishes in only god knows where :mad:

Most reactions