features in next ipad version??

Discussion in 'iPad General Discussions' started by andykeating, Dec 6, 2010.

1. andykeating

andykeating
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    hi..what exactly will be the features in next ipad version?? :)

2. col.bris

col.bris
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator
    Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    No one knows except. Steve jobs so there is no answer to your question . Rumors persist however they are rumors not until the product is released by Apple will you know all inwill say it will be a big advance on the current iPad as thatl has been proven on past releases of products from Apple.

3. peled

peled
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Junkie

Thanks Received:
    Hopeful there will be real Multi Tasking on all applications not only the music.
    Hope the Safari will have Tabs.
    More Book shelves. I want one Magazine bookshelf for me, and one for my wife.
    Where and how can I hide those Magazines I don't want my kids to see ?
    Bottom line evry one can dream up some ideas. At Apple they probably have hundreds or thousands of nice to have stuff for next iPAD2

4. Seadog

Seadog
    Expand Collapse
    Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    A few things are very likely. A forward facing camera is #1 due to the push for FaceTime with all Apple mobile devices. It will be thinner and lighter due to thinner glass. Most predict a higher resolution screen, but probably not up to iPhone 4 resolution. Apple is a signee to the manufacturers resolution to go to the mini-USB charging standard, and it will be required in Europe very soon, so expect some form of that, but it may not have any other functions besides charging.

Other possibilities are a front facing camera, a faster processor, and more RAM. I would guess that there are a lot of software upgrades that will have the most significance to users.

5. wrecklass

wrecklass
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Enthusiast

Thanks Received:
    One of the biggest problems for developers is supporting the three different resolutions currently available. If Apple adds yet another display resolution it will have to provide developers a way to handle the change without having to change all of their assets. Plus the need for more RAM and a faster more expensive video chip set.

For those reasons I do not believe Apple will make any significant changes to the display next year.

6. Superbike81

Superbike81
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Addict

Thanks Received:
    The iPad we have now is 1024x768, iPhone 4 is 960x640. So we already have a higher resolution screen, but it doesn't look like it due to screen size difference. It does need a bump up in resolution though to keep up with the higher resolution tablets coming in early 2011.

7. andykeating

andykeating
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    hi..all thanx for replying..i really feel that apple should ask for suggestions before launching the next version..what do you say??

8. iPadCharlie

iPadCharlie
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Super Guru

Thanks Received:
    Obviously Apple spends a lot of time and money on market research and analysis. At the present time, they have a net worth of over $222 billion dollars which puts them ahead of Microsoft with a puny net worth of only $219 billion dollars. As a matter of fact, their net worth is even greater than the GDP of the entire country of Ireland! Taking all of these things into consideration, it would appear as if the marketing people at One Infinite Loop are doing their job quite well without our input!

9. Hasty

Hasty
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Ninja

Thanks Received:
    Yeah in house testing by geeks sure beats fan fantasies.....

The great selling point for tablets is their portability and speed.
    Once they start trying to emulate desktop machines with complex functions and software, most of these advantages would be lost.

Be careful what you wish for ....

10. peled

peled
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Junkie

Thanks Received:
    what about file attachments in Mail ?????
    I think it is about time.