What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Featured Threads

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Curious about how the Featured Threads are generated; automatic based on views and/or forum areas, curated, or perhaps a bit of both?

OP
twerppoet

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Never mind. It's obvious once I looked a bit closer. It's automatic, based on several different methods, one for each tab.

Silly of me not to look closer before staring a new thread. Feel free to delete if it seems pointless.

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Well, I'll respond relative to our exchanges in the 'featured' thread on the iOS 8.1.3 update - would liked to have had the option to 'Edit' my post there - Dave :)

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Never mind. It's obvious once I looked a bit closer. It's automatic, based on several different methods, one for each tab.

Silly of me not to look closer before staring a new thread. Feel free to delete if it seems pointless.
Threads can also be manually featured by the forum staff if the subject of the thread is deemed important enough.

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Threads can also be manually featured by the forum staff if the subject of the thread is deemed important enough.

Hi SciFan.. - concerning the issue discussed, I simply wanted to switch my devices after posting and was not allowed an 'Edit' option - so I had to re-post as an explanation - a little silly if I could have simply changed my original post.

Now, this would not be 'deemed important enough', and I did consider sending a note to one of the mods but thought the issue just not that important. I guess that my question is why an 'Edit' option cannot be offered for one's own posts in all of the sub-forums? Dave :)

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I believe that threads in the news forum are the only place where you can't edit your own posts. In addition, ordinary members can't start a thread in the news forum. This has been the way it's been done since iPad Forums started back in 2010. If you want a post of yours edited you'll have to ask a staff member to do it for you.
Not being able to edit threads in the news forum may possibly be a consequence of not being able to start threads in the news forum.
If you think the policy should be changed, you can use the contact us link at the bottom of the page to contact the forum administration.

Last edited:

Most reactions

Latest posts