What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Fear not Apple fans!

Status
Not open for further replies.

SweetPoison

iPF Noob
Reaction score
So ~ if you did not get the plans, just the phone, you have to activate somewhere, right?

Who ever you go with, don't they all have the committed plans?
From Verizon's website --

Activation on a month-to-month agreement is required when purchasing iPhone 4 at full retail price.

So ~ let's recap, shall we?

All along I could have bought an iPhone and just had month to month? I don't have to be committed to anyone for 2 years?

Are you serious right now? Shitums. Talk about out of the loop, man.:mad:

iPadCharlie

iPF Noob
Reaction score

SweetPoison

iPF Noob
Reaction score
So ~ let's recap, shall we?

All along I could have bought an iPhone and just had month to month?
Correct!

I don't have to be committed to anyone for 2 years?
I don't think this forum is the place to be discussing personal issues!

Are you serious right now? Shitums. Talk about out of the loop, man.:mad:
Gonna trade in your BB now???

Too funny! And hell yes. I am going to get an iphone now!!

I think. Maybe..

OP
freebirdforever

freebirdforever

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
senshudo.tv
Thphilli said:
First of all I don't know why an apple fan should care what place their device is in. Second of all, the article is a giant trolling attempt by the offer.

No, all that matters is user experience. There are some major annoyances on the iPad that will drive people to android. You can't accomplish everything by throwing apps at it, you have to have an os that has some basic functionality too.

What a loser troll. The sdk for honeycomb was released 3 days ago. Anyone who takes this article seriously is challenged.

Seriously??? Who is writing this?

So as long as it's number one it has no competition? And no one in the world is expecting android to pass the iPad THIS year. Apple has had a year head start on selling tablets. For android to pass the iPad this year, the iPad 2 would have to be the biggest tech failure in the history of mankind.

Why are you linking to such moronic articles?

Dude. Quit trolling every article and link I post. Seriously its getting annoying and old....unless you like stalking me o.o

iPadCharlie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Dude. Quit trolling every article and link I post. Seriously its getting annoying and old....unless you like stalking me o.o
Speaking as a moderator, this is an excellent piece of advice!

(P.S. When a moderator "suggests" something, its not really a suggestion!)

SweetPoison

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Speaking as a moderator, this is an excellent piece of advice!

(P.S. When a moderator "suggests" something, its not really a suggestion!)

Yeah ~ something I would seriously take into consideration at this point. Ya know?

IF you like it here and all...

nateccnn

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Haha...iTunes continues to dominate today.

I, personally, do everything I can to avoid iTunes. I know I have to use it to download apps, but that is where my iTunes experience ends. I guess if all you have is apple devices that you play music on, iTunes would be a decent way to buy music.

The writer seems to live in a fantasy world where apples fall from trees. Lol

Look...the ipad is a neat device. It is certainly leading the pack right now. But there has to be competition in order for there to be a contest. There was no contest before...it was just apple running laps around the field. Now there are other runners. maybe apple will start running faster now. I just don't understand why the fanboys have to write articles from this delusional standpoint.

Nate

DaveSt

iPF Noob
Reaction score
First of all I don't know why an apple fan should care what place their device is in.

The was pretty much my thought as well. As an iPad user that has no plans to buy any other tablet in the near future (and that includes the new iPad) I hope the Android tablets are a big success. That will only make my future purchase (1) cheaper and (2) more functional than what I have now. One company dominating the market might be good for Apple executives and stockholders but it doesn't do much for the consumer.

Other than that I agree with the point that it all comes down to apps. As I have stated before, (IMO) the iPad in itself is a rather unremarkable piece of hardware. My cheap netbook has more impressive internals. When you start adding apps is when the experience really starts. Luckily for the Android crowd it looks like Apple is going to start forcing developers to the Android platform so perhaps the future isn't quite as bleak for alternative tablets as the authors would lead us to believe.

Thphilli

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Can someone explain how my response was in ANY way trolling? Please can one of the Super Moderators who agreed that I was trolling explain to me how ANYTHING I said was trolling? I was critical of an artical linked and of its author.

And I am not stalking you freebirdforever, I just respond to ridiculous posts on here the same way I respond to ridiculous posts on XDA-Developers by people who say and link to ridiculous things about Apple products. So the only reason it might seem that I am stalking you is if you post more ridiculous things than others, because frankly I rarely even glance at the usernames.

Last edited:
OP
freebirdforever

freebirdforever

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
senshudo.tv
Thphilli said:
Can someone explain how my response was in ANY way trolling? And I am not stalking you freebirdforever, I just respond to ridiculous posts on here the same way I respond to ridiculous posts on XDA-Developers by people who say and link to ridiculous things about Apple products. So the only reason it might seem that I am stalking you is if you post more ridiculous things than others, because frankly I rarely even glance at the usernames.

/facegrenade.

Dude, come off your high horse. Your posts seem to indicate that you think your better than me, or better than some others on the forum. I for one don't appreciate that. I post articles that I know people on this forum will enjoy, not a fandroid such as yourself. Please, go buy a xoom and join the xoom forums with superbike. That way those of us who enjoy the ipad and enjoy reading about it can do so without persecution

SweetPoison

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Can someone explain how my response was in ANY way trolling? Please can one of the Super Moderators who agreed that I was trolling explain to me how ANYTHING I said was trolling? I was critical of an artical linked and of its author.

I for one, do not believe you were trolling ~ this time.

Some believe that when they are not agreed with and the one accused disagrees, well, rather aggressively, if not sometimes, rude, admit it, that they are just wanting to cause trouble.

But I have to say, Thp ~ DO you want to leave here? I think that at times you forget that this is an IPAD FORUM.

And we love our iPads.

Okay ~ I am so done preaching!

Thphilli

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thphilli said:
Can someone explain how my response was in ANY way trolling? And I am not stalking you freebirdforever, I just respond to ridiculous posts on here the same way I respond to ridiculous posts on XDA-Developers by people who say and link to ridiculous things about Apple products. So the only reason it might seem that I am stalking you is if you post more ridiculous things than others, because frankly I rarely even glance at the usernames.

/facegrenade.

Dude, come off your high horse. Your posts seem to indicate that you think your better than me, or better than some others on the forum. I for one don't appreciate that. I post articles that I know people on this forum will enjoy, not a fandroid such as yourself. Please, go buy a xoom and join the xoom forums with superbike. That way those of us who enjoy the ipad and enjoy reading about it can do so without persecution

I didn't say a single word about anyone on the forum. I was critical of the guy who wrote the article. Thats it. The Xoom is garbage btw.

BTW, I did laugh at loud at your "persecution" line. Hilarious.

iPadCharlie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
This could have been a decent thread, but when things veer too far off the track from the point of the original post and degenerate to this point, then it is time to shut it down.

I hope everyone is paying attention.

Thread closed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions