What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Fax from ipad? Get rid of landlines

PoetDoc

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am a small business, just employ myself, and am trying to cut costs. One of my larger expenses is for landlines - one for my business and one for a fax. I know I can do a 'distinctive ring' to get rid of one line, but that doesn't save me much. I am thinking of porting my business number to a cell phone and then using 'Line2' to have it ring on my iphone. Now the problem is the fax. I don't use it but for 2-3 pages a month, but running to Staples or Kinkos is not an option as I live in a tiny town and it's just too inconvenient. Have any other business users figured this out? I will still have to pay for DSL as a business ($60+) but my landlines bills run more than twice that price. $75-$100 a month in my pocket and not Verizon seems good to me.

Thanks for your help!

drb_52

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Check out the "Faxing for iPad" app. It's free today.

OP
PoetDoc

PoetDoc

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I just downloaded this app and figured out it requires $15/mo subscription for a toll free incoming line. Otherwise it's $1 to send an outgoing fax in the US. I need incoming and outgoing for about 5 faxes a month (combined). I can run the rest of my business off an additional cell phone on my family plan for $10/mo. I'm paying $80 mo for 2 landlines. Also I'd like to port my existing fax line if I can. Anyone tried FAXAGE? They are $3.50 a month plus low fees for each fax, just not sure it will meet HIPAA requirements. Anyone know a good small business forum where I might talk with others about this stuff?

richsadams

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I just downloaded this app and figured out it requires $15/mo subscription for a toll free incoming line. Otherwise it's $1 to send an outgoing fax in the US. I need incoming and outgoing for about 5 faxes a month (combined). I can run the rest of my business off an additional cell phone on my family plan for $10/mo. I'm paying $80 mo for 2 landlines. Also I'd like to port my existing fax line if I can. Anyone tried FAXAGE? They are $3.50 a month plus low fees for each fax, just not sure it will meet HIPAA requirements. Anyone know a good small business forum where I might talk with others about this stuff?
Ah, got it. So even though the app is free there are associated charges. I've removed the link. Hopefully others will chime in with some advice.

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Have you tried the eFax app, I haven't tried it but I used to use their service a few years back. The app has a not so good review but as it's free then nothing to lose in downloading and trying, you will need to get an eFax account (if I could remember the details of mine I would give it a try for you!)

The Archangel

Most reactions